Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Stuart's Log of Hobby
Looks like I've got 20 plastic Vikings from a set I split with Andy T. Might as well assemble them all and then see how many I can paint before Tuesday - gives me a few more Hearthguard / Warrior options for my 6 pts.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(09-03-2013, 11:59 AM)Stuart Wrote: Looks like I've got 20 plastic Vikings...

Correction: 22 plastic Vikings. But only 18 MDF bases left Sad 18 it is for now.
Managed to get most of the remaining Vikings assembled, just a few limbs left to attach. Noticed that the plastic figures are a touch smaller than the metal ones though. They'll do for now anyway, but might invest in some more Gripping Beast metal figures at some point.
Finished assembling the 18 Vikings, based and primed them. They're about 2/3 painted, so there's a fighting chance I'll have them completely finished by Tuesday.
Didn't manage to get the 18 Vikings finished, but there's just flesh, hair, bases and shields left to do before applying the mighty shade of quickness.
Need to keep the momentum going and finish painting my Vikings (now the impetus of an approaching game has passed). Hopefully one more evening session should be sufficient.
Big Rob has also kindly lent me his Dark tone quickshade, so I want to give that a go on a Cygnar 'jack test subject.
(13-03-2013, 02:25 PM)Stuart Wrote: Hopefully one more evening session should be sufficient.

And it was - mission accomplished and 18 more Vikings quickshaded.

Really happy with the effect of quickshade over Ultramarine Blue, so might apply that (or something close) to my Cygnar.
(13-03-2013, 11:54 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(13-03-2013, 02:25 PM)Stuart Wrote: Hopefully one more evening session should be sufficient.

And it was - mission accomplished and 18 more Vikings quickshaded.

Really happy with the effect of quickshade over Ultramarine Blue, so might apply that (or something close) to my Cygnar.

What tone/shade did you use?
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(14-03-2013, 07:44 PM)Agincourt Wrote: What tone/shade did you use?

I used Strong on the Vikings, but I'm thinking I'll try the Dark that Rob lent me on the Cygnar Warjacks.