Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out with the Nids and in with this insane list!
And the "meta" continues..I think I'm going to just stick with a metric f**k-ton of melta in my armies and take the bare minimum of flamers. I don't care about anything else but taking down 2 wound terminators and AV13 / 14 vehicles with my infantry special weapons I've decided. There appears to be a bigger and bigger prevalence of "rock" armies out there and taking balanced lists is becoming harder and harder in my opinion since you simply don't have the tools to reliably take the rock down.

Facing rock armies with no-scatter DS on turn 1 is almost certainly giving up First Blood and this is so important that people are designing their armies round that single concept (Not blaming those doing it, it's the game that almost forces you to do it right now)

Matts army might be a different faction but it's built around the same concept, drop a unit that's pretty unkillable anywhere in your opponents backfield, kill something and then play for the extra VP you get in tight games. If your opponents army isn't designed to dish out a massive amount of shooting in turn 1 then your rock unit survives and you go again wiping another unit out...6th Edition is turning into a disaster for both my army choice and also my personal playstyle it would appear. I guess it's adapt or die but I personally don't see much in the way of tactical acumen where the game revolves around DS'ing 700 points of stuff in with no scatter and just butchering anything that's at point blank range.
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Out with the Nids and in with this insane list! - by Sincilbanks - 20-12-2012, 07:33 PM