Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subs Increase from January 2013
Information 
After much discussion the committee has voted to take the bold decision to increase adult meetings subs from £2 to £3 from January.

The motivation behind this decision is not to fund a retirement plan in the Maldives, but rather to allow the club to invest in additional gaming space by renting the small hall and to purchase further gaming resources such as scenery and perhaps the beginnings of a library of rulebooks. Things have been getting a little cosy in the hall recently and we're still drawing in new members, so with the extra funds we can leverage this momentum and take the club to dizzying new heights.

Hopefully you'll agree that this still offers good value for money at around £1/hour, and I think still makes us cheaper than the vast majority of clubs out there.

No change for child prices, and the increase in adult subs will apply from January 8th onwards.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
As a new member my opinion wont carry much weight but it seems reasonable to me. £3 is not much.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Cheers Ben - all opinions valued! Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
BOOOOOOO!!! Angry

LOL - no worries, TBH £3 is still a very good price! And anything that helps the club, in my eyes at least, can only be good thing!

I used to pay that for my old club many years ago so its perfectly resonable, as an idea is it worth looking at some sort of paid membership that gives someone a a discount on entry fee but will also help raise funds for the club? Giving out a club memebership card then helps with shops that offer discounts to members and other benefits could be thought up possibly .
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
Next to the cost of the gas to get me to the club and back the extra quid is nothing..thumbs up all round from me.. Smile
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
(11-12-2012, 12:41 PM)Sincilbanks Wrote: Next to the cost of the gas to get me to the club and back the extra quid is nothing..thumbs up all round from me.. Smile

Yeah, I'm with Ben, the £1 is nothing next to the fuel cost from Strat/Evesham etc.

Rob... SHHH LOL
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I can understand the reasons, sounds reasonable to me
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
More than happy to pay it Smile £3 is still cheaper than a beer and a burger, also much more fun Smile
These things need doing occasionally, oh well. Ditto on the travelling costs. Does anyone else travel in from my direction (Solihull)?
Models painted in 2016 0

40k (Tau, Bork'an sept; Orks; Chaos daemons; Imperial Guard, Catachans with help from Valhallans & Pretorians; Space Wolves) Warhammer (Orcs & Goblins) BFG (Orks; Chaos) Necromunda (Cawdor; Wyrd Gathering; Ratskin Scouts) Blood Bowl (Wood Elves) Malifaux (Gremlins; Colette Du Bois)