Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood bowl league 2013
Good turn out so far, good to see!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(10-12-2012, 11:02 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Anyone know where I can get a chaos team from, other than gw? There are alternative suppliers for a lot of the teams but can't seem to find one for chaos. I could either convert some beastmen, or might go dwarf instead...

A suggestion is Gazpez Arts. Their Lizards didn't suit me, but I was tempted, by their Terrible Elves, and was VERY VERY tempted to run a Human Bondage team.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(10-12-2012, 11:02 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: or might go dwarf instead...

My goblin team are going to get smashed....chaos, dwarves, orcs, more chaos.

My goblin team is night goblins converted, and a couple of river trolls with Dreadnought leg plates for shoulder pads, the fanatic is an old metal one, the pogoer is on a squig and the looney is wielding a 40k ork Chainsword...

Now I need to get them painted.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
[/quote]
A suggestion is Gazpez Arts. Their Lizards didn't suit me, but I was tempted, by their Terrible Elves, and was VERY VERY tempted to run a Human Bondage team.
[/quote]

I have a Alyon Elf team coming for Christmas but I am chopping the ears off and running them as Amazons! Starting with brutal model disfigurations should set the tone for the team Big Grin
(08-12-2012, 08:12 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: I was thinking of starting the league from march until end of september, best 10 results count for league points.

How are these results being worked out? For instance a Skaven team can score quite quick, and if they are lucky can get 3 or 4 scores in a game. Where as a bash team such as Chaos will struggle to get more than 2 scores in a game. If the Skaven plays 20 games and gets 10 high scoring wins, but loses the rest, and the Chaos plays 20 wins 15, but only gets a 1-0 in each, the Chaos player would on paper appear to have done worse.

Are we playing with player upgrades? How will being able to play as many games during the season even out, if we do. I know there are inducements, but I would rather have player skills than a one off Star Player.

Personally I would look at drawing up a fixture list, with one game scheduled a month. Games then get played in order, (so you cannot play your third fixture, until you played the opponent scheduled in your second,) so that you cannot avoid a difficult match until you have skilled up a little. Then you can look at end of season play-offs. So far we have 7 entrants, so thats Six games each, over a period of seven months, (with each player receiving a free month.) Obviously those figures would change if we get more sign ups. Those are my suggestions.

What about season two, would players be forced to start from scratch, or could they keep their current team, including skill ups, if they so wanted?
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I'd assume 3pts for a win, 1 for a draw and goal difference only comes into effect if teams are drwing on points? There is prob something in the rulebook about it - will have a look later.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(14-12-2012, 02:27 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I'd assume 3pts for a win, 1 for a draw and goal difference only comes into effect if teams are drwing on points? There is prob something in the rulebook about it - will have a look later.

I assumed something like the above, but thats what my example was trying to point out. By only counting "best X results," you can negatively impact on some teams. They might have a better total win %, but those extra wins become void.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
What about doing it league style with normal points scoring applying, 3 pts a win, 1 for draw, 0 for loss with everyone playing each once. Top 4 go into a cup knock out, with first and second being seeded meaning they can't play each other in the draw?
(14-12-2012, 12:39 PM)Gareth Wrote: Personally I would look at drawing up a fixture list, with one game scheduled a month. Games then get played in order, (so you cannot play your third fixture, until you played the opponent scheduled in your second,) so that you cannot avoid a difficult match until you have skilled up a little. Then you can look at end of season play-offs. So far we have 7 entrants, so thats Six games each, over a period of seven months, (with each player receiving a free month.) Obviously those figures would change if we get more sign ups. Those are my suggestions.

What about season two, would players be forced to start from scratch, or could they keep their current team, including skill ups, if they so wanted?

That sounds good as well, i was thinking one game a month sounds good.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
The reasoning behind the best results idea, was to even up the league a little between teams that play a lot and teams that play a little. Of course players will get better the more you play, but would mean a team only playing 10 games still has a small chance of the playoffs. Alternately, we could go all traditional and pull team socks out of a hat? !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
How about average win percentage then, to correct for those who play loads and those who play a few?

eg 10/15 win/lose = (10/15)*100 = 67%

Draws could count as 0.5 so a team with three wins, a draw and 5 losses gets (3.5/9)*100 = 39%
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari