Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SEGA and Creative Assembly to develop GW Warhammer titles
http://www.creative-assembly.com/sega-an...mer-games/

Quote:SEGA AND CREATIVE ASSEMBLY ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP WITH GAMES WORKSHOP TO CREATE WARHAMMER GAMES

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON – 11AM GMT, December 6, 2012 – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that Creative Assembly™, award-winning creator of the Total War™ series, and SEGA® Group have entered into a multi-title licensing deal with Games Workshop® to create videogames based in the Warhammer® universe of fantasy battles.
A new high-calibre development team has been set up at Creative Assembly’s UK studio to work alongside the existing Total War, Alien™ IP and Mobile teams on the first Warhammer title in the deal, scheduled to launch from beyond 2013.

“With this year being our 25th anniversary”, said Tim Heaton, Studio Director at Creative Assembly, “it seems fitting for us to embark on such a dream project with such a well-established partner. The incredibly rich and detailed Warhammer world is something we grew up with, and has left an indelible imprint on us as both designers and gamers.”

“We’ll be doing the Warhammer universe justice in a way that has never been attempted before. We’re bringing those 25 years of experience and expertise in extremely high-scoring games to bear, delivering a Warhammer experience that videogamers will absolutely love.”

“We have enormous respect for SEGA and Creative Assembly and have felt for a long time that the combination of the enormously rich setting of the Warhammer world, and their stunning development talent is a match with huge potential,” said Jon Gillard, Games Workshop’s Head of Licensing. “Now that we’ve managed to bring these two giants of gaming together it is safe to say that some truly amazing products are going to be unleashed as a result. We are excited at the possibilities, and are enthusiastically working with the team at Creative Assembly already.”

This first Warhammer game joins the eagerly-awaited Total War™: Rome II and the untitled Alien IP as one of five projects currently in production at Creative Assembly, now one of the largest developers in Europe.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Is this just for Warhammer?
I'm assuming that the 40k license is staying with THQ?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
40k license is still with THQ, Creative Assembly only have the WHFB license for games.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
this could be the start of something awesome
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
(06-12-2012, 10:08 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: 40k license is still with THQ, Creative Assembly only have the WHFB license for games.
Thought as much, thanks for clearing it up Si.

Total warhammer then anyone?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(07-12-2012, 01:27 AM)manrogue Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 10:08 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: 40k license is still with THQ, Creative Assembly only have the WHFB license for games.
Thought as much, thanks for clearing it up Si.

Total warhammer then anyone?

Saw this news yesterday....love the TW series, seems like a great choice for the license
THQ I suspect will be going bust soon, thus putting the 40k licence up for grabs. In fact if someone offered THQ a large chunk for their 40k licence I suspect they'd probably sell it. I don't believe they can do it justice any more given how much money they are losing...

To me it looks like the "Humble Bundle" is the last throw of the dice to buy some time until the next product comes out. Metro has been delayed since summer 2012 with no release date I'm aware of.
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
The humble bundle boosted their share prices something fierce, i wouldn't count them out just yet.
Agreed, but considering their share price was once 30 bucks and it went to 70 cents with a threatened delisting from Nasdaq any kind of gain is welcome, and may only represent short term profit taking from the market. Which isn't to say you're not right but their much vaunted 40k MMO has already been scaled back to a single player experience so there's another bunch of cash not arriving...
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
Id prefer to see something different done with the WFB licence , we've seen several TW style of WFB games either released or dropped at the last minute over the years and would love to see an RPG style game in that setting.
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.