Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Tournament coming January
change how magic works ie roll one die for winds of magic not two and defender gets half of total in dispel
Working on Alan's suggestion I have come to the following change on Winds of Magic.

When determining the winds of magic, roll 2D6. The players who's turn it is receives a number of Power dice, equal to the HIGHEST number rolled on the 2D6. The player who's turn it is not, receives a number of dispel dice equal to HALF the total rolled on the 2D6, ROUNDED DOWN. Then channel with wizards, and generate additional dice as normal. The MAXIMUM number of power dice allowed is 8.

Using the above formula, before any bonus dice, here are a few examples.
2D6 roll of 1 and 1, Power Dice 1, Dispel Dice 1.
2D6 roll of 4 and 3, Power Dice 4, Dispel Dice 3 (half 4+3 is 3.5, rounded DOWN to 3.) [Power dice edit to show correct result, due to point out from Andy.]
2D6 roll of 6 and 1, Power Dice 6, Dispel Dice 3 (half 6+1 is 3.5, rounded DOWN to 3 [this is the biggest difference between Power and Dispel dice.])

Further rules. The maximum number of dice permitted to roll when casting a spell is 6. Maximum number of dice rolled whilst attempting to dispel is 6. Dark Elves are permitted to roll all 8 dice whilst attempting to cast a spell. [edit due to complaints from Andy]

Thoughts on these rules changes folks?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Second example Should be Power dice 4 not 1 Smile
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
I don see the point to restrict DE, if You do that, restrict every other armys special rules as well cause its not fair.
I think I am free on 15th Jan. Will bring my never victorious Bretonnians !! And who needs magic anyway ?
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Thanks to power of darkness i can generate maximum of 9 power dice (roll 6 for wind of magic, cast power of darknes on one dice and get additional 4 so 5+4 give me 9) and druchi magic allow me to use all these dice to cast spell.
Andy your the one who questioned the use of Magic to start with, wanted it toned down then complains when you only get to use 7 dice. For a start the max you are chucking at a spell will be 8 not 9. Power Dice pool is capped at 8.

I'll change your special rule to 8, and allow Alan 2 units of Sword Mastets to screw you over.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Count me in too - I have Lizardmen.
Any scenarios?
Gareth: I played many tournaments based on border patrol rules years ago. 500 pts, 600 pts or even 750 pts and magic has never been allowed. Simple reason: too deadly. Most of us will have 3 small units and character. Simple magic missle 2d6 from metal or fire and game is over. But if You have already decided and magic is allowed then i dont see the reason to restrict my armys special rule Smile thats ok anyway Smile