Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Tournament coming January
Formulating a plan for a small scale 500 point WFB tournament to be run one club night in Jan. Rules to follow, but idea is 3 quick and dirty games, with army composition limits.

As I want to get in on the recent Fantasy interest again, I'm trying to get things moving early part of 2013. Any preference on date from those interested (looking to Paul and Steve if they want in with this question mainly?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 games 500 point fixed list.
Games to last 45 minutes from start to finish.
Round times are below;

Game 1 - 19:15 - 20:00
Game 2 - 20:10 - 20:55
Game 3 - 21:05 - 21:50

Army composition
500 point army with the following limitations.

No Special Characters
No Lords may be chosen
You MAY select one character only, from the Heroes section, following all other standard army restrictions (0-25% of army total, etc.) You do not have to have a nominated General. As standard if you take a Battle Standard Bearer it may not be your general, unless your army otherwise permits this. Heroes are permitted ONE magic item in total, and a BSB is restricted to a Magic Banner of 50 points MAXIMUM.
No other model or unit may take a magic item, other than your single permitted Hero.
Dwarves are allowed to rune one item on their single permitted Hero, but that item may be inscribed in any legal way. No other runes will be allowed.
Your core must contain 125 points or above. Units that do not count towards core limits, also do not count towards the minimum, as standard.
You may make one choice from either your Special or Rare sections. You will be restricted to your standard points limits (250 points max Special and 125 points Max rare.) High Elves are allowed to choose either special OR rare section but ARE allowed to take two options from that section, as per their Army rules (allowed to take double the restricted slots. [due to complaints from Andy])
The army must include a minimum of THREE units (this excludes single items such as your Hero, a War Machine etc.)
No other magic items other than the one on your Hero (or a magic banner on the BSB if that option is chosen.)
ARMIES THAT CRUMBLE (TOMB KINGS AND VAMPIRE COUNTS,) THAT DO NOT HAVE A GENERAL, DO NOT CRUMBLE DURING THE GAME. IF THEY TAKE A GENERAL, THEN STANDARD RULES APPLY.
Mysterious terrain will not be used.

Players are to bring a clear (preferably printed,) army list to the tournament.

Tournament scoring will be a version of the 20-0 system; Point brackets will be in 50 point increments.

If a player wins by 1-49 points the game will be a 10-10 draw, with both players scoring 10 points.
If a player wins by 101-149 points, the game is an 12-8, with the winner scoring 12 and the loser 8.
If a player wins by 500+ points the winner will score 20 points, and the loser 0.

Full breakdown;
0-49 -------- W 10 ; L 10
50-99 ------- W 11 ; L 9
100-149 ----- W 12 ; L 8
150-199 ----- W 13 ; L 7
200-249 ----- W 14 ; L 6
250-299 ----- W 15 ; L 5
300-349 ----- W 16 ; L 4
350-399 ----- W 17 ; L 3
400-449 ----- W 18 ; L 2
450-499 ----- W 19 ; L 1
500+ -------- W 20 ; L 0

Other rules to be added, as they get brought up.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Yeah I'd vote for post-Jan 21st :-)
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Sounds good, I'm up for it! Not aware of any dates I can't do.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Sounds good, first week in jan I'm avaliable, then every other week after that until march when i on my hols !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Could be tempted to join in, though my Brets would be very weak at such low points. I have to have a BSB who will total in at 74pts before I've even given him an item.

Shall see closer towards new year and have a think about it.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Almost all armies are going to be weak at 500 points, not just Brets. My lizards loose all realistic magic, and I'm going to have to flesh out on weak troops, that I cannot bolster. I however am looking at other options.
I also have to say taking a decent unit of 2+ armour knights, with a 5+ ward, against most folks who are stood at S3 or S4, Brets won't be as bad as you expect.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Definitely up for this. Any dates to suit Steve are good for me Big Grin
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Steve are you around the 15th January?

I am thinking of doing this as a quarterly event, and making the 4 tournaments over the year, count towards an overall yearly standings. Whats are peoples thoughts on this?
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
im game for this (and si u can take 8knights of realm with bsb 5 knights of realm and 3 grail knights)
Count me in. You should consider an option no more than 25 pts in magic items. Including items for hero and magic standards.
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0