Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer 40K RWS 40k Tournaments 2013
Another tournament signed up for.. http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/pos...89880.page

It's taking place in March, but I think it's full now, but Mark is taking a reserves if anyone wants to stick there name down.

(16-11-2012, 02:55 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Good idea Rob.

Here is a small doubles tournament I'm going to, although it's in Essex and on the 25th so short notice, but I think tickets are still available.

http://www.4tk.co.uk/store/product/10464...mber-2012/

How'd it go mate?

Pretty good thanks! won the first game (it was close) against a gunline Ork army with 26 lootas, 2 big meks with shokk attack guns, 80 shoota boyz and two dakkajets - serious amount of firepower but we weathered the storm and won 11 - 4.

Second game we lost but had a chance to win, just got shot off two objectives in the last turn. Was playing Grey knights/Necrons with 4 Night Scythes, Imotekh (night fight all game!) a stormraven and two dreadnights with teleport thingies, lost 4 -10, although closer than it sounds. We just couldn't handle that many flyers, especially with none of the 5 objectives being skyfire.

Last game we won against Blood Angels/Grey Knights - they had 3 stormravens...the terminators were awesome with Belial's squad taking huge amounts of fire and getting lucky (FNP saved 4 wounds - best it's ever done!) and cutting down a 10 man tac squad with sang priest and his librarian HQ, a 5 man GK termy squad, and a 5man GK strike squad, to end up on his objective (the 2 obj mission). We won that one 8 - 2 so the most convincing win.

Three really good games and great fun playing doubles, think we came 5th or 6th overall out of 16 teams so happy with that Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
There we go, im in for Battlefield Birmingham.

You're looking at the last place player right here!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Well done Chris some pretty tought armies there then! And to finish top half is awesome!

Ben - looks like BB3 will be invaided by the RWS!

(29-11-2012, 07:05 PM)Embolden Wrote: Ben - looks like BB3 will be invaided by the RWS!

Well we are its local club now.... ;-)
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
JJ - not totally true, there is a club that actually plays at the venue every week Wink

http://www.facebook.com/groups/244011141...p_activity

And we're in for BB. Simian's now assured of not coming in last place! Big Grin
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
ha, i can still do it. paid my money this morning.

with any luck the New DA codex will be out January s i can have a whole new army to fail with!

pure terminator list, i may even bring the land Raider.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Yeah I am looking forward to the new codex as well, just hope they don't take away deathwing assault, keep the scouting bikes and keep mixed loadouts on the termies.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari