Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
advice on FOW list
starting out not sure the regular level of points people play at but went for 1500pts as a base
have gone for standard german grenadierkompanie (infantry company)

headquarters, company hq both teams with panzerknackers =55

combat platoon -grenadier platoon 3 squads with command panzerknacker = 160

divisional support- platoons panzer platoon- 5panzer IV H =450
divisional support- assault gun platoon 4 stuG G =380
divisional support- air support- limited air support-ju87G stuka=135
total1500
what cha think is this viable/workable??
looks ok to me, 3 platoons of infantry will give you good staying power with the stugs an panzer's backing up an defense or counter attack.

im quite surprised that there's no tigers/panthers though! Smile

personally i'ed go for this... air support can be a bit of a dud(especially if your opponent is packing any decent AA)

Attached Files Image(s)

other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
differenly see u list as a stronger one and one i would/will use in furture but due to money constaints ill stick with the list i got and at a later date add in the artelliray and heavy weapons to use
(14-11-2012, 12:03 PM)sprogmcjob Wrote: differenly see u list as a stronger one and one i would/will use in furture but due to money constaints ill stick with the list i got and at a later date add in the artelliray and heavy weapons to use

well every list has its strong points like yours has 3 infantry platoons,an if theirs no aa (or lack of decent) on the board you'll have a great time blowing up tanks an pinning down infantry

if you need to lend anything to trial them on the board before you buy it im happy to lend you some units or books (so far i've got "dog an devils","NUTS!","devils charge" an "Earth an steel") Smile
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
well any of the books basesd on germans would be cool since in furture would like a sperfic force based on history and not just the standrad gernirc ones from the gernal force book