Poll: Are you intrested in playing Battleforce Recon
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, cool idea
100.00%
10 100.00%
Shut up Rob
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battleforce Recon
Rainbow 
Put together from a mix of "Batteforce Recon" and "The pact of blood" from the 6th edition rule book.

Not every game of Warhammer 40,000 has to be a full-sized battle. I personally love small games. I often prefer two or three small games to one large one. It is also a great way to learn how best to use some units.

THE ARMIES
500 points with no restrictions other than troops move to 1-6 rather then 2-6 amd then the standard FOC chart as normal (I will regret this I am sure)

THE BATTLEFIELD
Because these games are of a smaller size than many, it stands to keeping the playing area quite compact. A battlefield of 4'x4' will be used for these games.

OBJECTIVES
Each player takes it in turn to place two primary objective markers each anywhere on the board, at least 12" from any other. Each player will also roll on the table below and note down their secret objective. Objectives and secret objectives are both worth two points each. The regular line breaker, first blood and kill the warlord will all remain worth an additional point each.

D6 Result for Secret Objective
1 Extermination - Your forces destroyed more enemv units than your ally
2 Decapitation - Your forces killed the enemy Warlord
3 Domination - You have more scoring units on objectives than your ally
4 Recon - You have more scoring units in the enemy deployment area than your ally
5 Defence - You have more scoring units in your deployment area than your ally
6 Vertigo - You control the High Ground (the point on the battlefield closest to the ceiling)

Before deploying forces, players should first roll for their warlord traits as normal. Players then deploy their forces in opposite corners. Roll off to see who chooses their corner; that player deploys his army within 12" of that corner. Any models that cannot be deployed must be kept as Reserves. The other player then deploys his force within 12" of the opposite corner. Reserves may come on from any point on your controlled board edges.

Set up will take about an hour for the first game then after that they will take from 20-50 mins. Change opponent and table as many times as you can fit into one night.

Max score possible = 7pts
Objectievs 2 Pts
Secret objectives 2pts
LB, KtWL and FB 3 Pts

The guy with the most points at the end of the night in the McDaddy bad ass that week. Do people think they would like to play in this format. If only a few of us do them we can arange a night to set up a number of tables and get three + games in on one night.
I like the sound of this - might provide an opportunity for me to have a bash at 40K with just the few models that I have.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I'm up for this!! Smile

I feel this could be a fastastic thing to on the last night before Xmas?

Think this is a great idea, good to mix it up a bit and do something new, count me in!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(13-11-2012, 02:32 PM)Embolden Wrote: I feel this could be a fastastic thing to on the last night before Xmas?

I second that. What is the last gaming night before crimbo?

Also bring different lists along on the same night. As long as it does not slow down the flow of the games. I have Dark Angels, Chaos & Vanilla Marines all itching to be played. I might even paint a few if I know they will be played :O)

Shall we trial it in a few weeks?
(13-11-2012, 03:18 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: What is the last gaming night before crimbo?

That'll be December 18th.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(13-11-2012, 03:18 PM)GoNecrons Wrote:
(13-11-2012, 02:32 PM)Embolden Wrote: I feel this could be a fastastic thing to on the last night before Xmas?

I second that. What is the last gaming night before crimbo?

Also bring different lists along on the same night. As long as it does not slow down the flow of the games. I have Dark Angels, Chaos & Vanilla Marines all itching to be played. I might even paint a few if I know they will be played :O)

Shall we trial it in a few weeks?

18th of dec is the last gaming night before xmas.

I'm up for giving it a whirl! Big Grin

I could do that. would mean i could have an excuse to break out some cheap henchmen squads

sounds interesting anyway
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Count me in, might have 500 points painted by then. Tongue
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(13-11-2012, 02:21 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: The guy with the most points at the end of the night is the McDaddy bad ass that week.

I really want to be the McDaddy badass, sounds cool. Do you get to be the badass over the Christmas break as well?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari