Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayland and Maelstrom
(13-11-2012, 02:02 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: I will not prepay and tickets to any events their!

I'm wanting to attened Caledonian on the 19/20 of Jan, but am waiting till mid december to buy my ticket (probably the last point in which I will be able to do it), I think the hall is pretty impressive (only second to WHW), I've enjoyed every event there, but I play in tournaments to meet like minded people and have a laugh!

So as long as the atmosphere and event in general is good I will keep attending.

Where's Caledonian mate? Looking for a tournament to try my BA army out in early next year...
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
(13-11-2012, 03:55 PM)Sincilbanks Wrote: Where's Caledonian mate? Looking for a tournament to try my BA army out in early next year...

Cale: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic....4&t=106956

Battlefield Birmingham3: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic....4&t=106162

Those are the 2 I want to attend early next year (and have been granted leave) then from then on it's a matter of asking the wife as and when lol.

I went to Cale last earlier this year as my first tournament since coming back to 40k and finished 50/110 so I want to defend that with the blob/sw list! It's really well run (Tim King is a great event organiser). But the prices are steap at Maelstrom or whatever it's called now.. at least £30 per ticket, but I was talking to an organsier of a tournament held there later on in the and the food is almost £20/5PP! But it;s worth it IMO.

Battlefield Birmingham sound interesting. i may just be up for that if i can get some more games in as practice.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(15-11-2012, 05:32 PM)Simian Wrote: Battlefield Birmingham sound interesting. i may just be up for that if i can get some more games in as practice.

I've been to the first 2 events and they have been fantastic! Really relaxed and would be a great first tournament mate (if I'm right you've only played a few times since 2nd ed??).

(15-11-2012, 05:29 PM)Embolden Wrote: But the prices are steap at Maelstrom or whatever it's called now.. at least £30 per ticket, but I was talking to an organsier of a tournament held there later on in the and the food is almost £20/5PP! But it;s worth it IMO.

I recall the being a discussion on the Wyrd boards about MG. I think one of the GT's jumped up from £15 to £30, because Maelstrom insisted on supplying food for the event. They wouldn't call it a rental charge, and insist that the venue if free to use, but do insist on charging per head for food. Still to be honest the £30 we paid two weeks back wasn't an issue, as the weekend was great fun. Only issue I felt there was, is the tables that have a support post, butted against the table, in the middle. There are a lot of benefits to MG/EotS or whatever over other gaming venues I have been too, if you get past the politics, but that's for another discussion.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(15-11-2012, 05:33 PM)Embolden Wrote:
(15-11-2012, 05:32 PM)Simian Wrote: Battlefield Birmingham sound interesting. i may just be up for that if i can get some more games in as practice.

I've been to the first 2 events and they have been fantastic! Really relaxed and would be a great first tournament mate (if I'm right you've only played a few times since 2nd ed??).

That's right, I had my 4th game since 2nd Ed against "other" Ben a couple of weeks ago. i need to study up on the rules etc but i may just go for it.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Rightio, I'm up for some of this...
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
(15-11-2012, 08:48 PM)Simian Wrote:
(15-11-2012, 05:33 PM)Embolden Wrote:

That's right, I had my 4th game since 2nd Ed against "other" Ben a couple of weeks ago. i need to study up on the rules etc but i may just go for it.

It's the best way to go mate, just throw your self into it, I mean, I got battered the first time I went to BB I got tabled my first 2 games and got beat 18-2 in my third game LOL! I was on 2pts out of 60, it's all a learning curveCool

(16-11-2012, 10:01 AM)Sincilbanks Wrote: Rightio, I'm up for some of this...

Awesome mate, let me know what you have planned Big Grin

I would go to BB3 but can't make that weekend Sad maybe the next one.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari