Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tuesday 11th December 2012
Anyone for Necromunda or anything skirmishy? Presently looking to be gameless...... Sad
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Cheers for the game Paul Smile glad it ended a draw, got a lot of respect for horde units now and I still hate swordmasters lol
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

A big congratulations to Matt for a well fought victory in the elimination tournament final!!

congrats Matt, and congrats Rob for second place.

Also thanks Rob for organising it! Next up - campaign and possibly a league?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Had a great Flames of War game with Dave, overseen by Jim last night - really enjoyed it. Thanks to Jim for helping out with the rules, they are starting to stick a bit! Good old stoic Russian infantry won the day, with a little encouragement from a kommissar and his pistol!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(12-12-2012, 12:16 AM)stygmatyr Wrote: Cheers for the game Paul Smile glad it ended a draw, got a lot of respect for horde units now and I still hate swordmasters lol

I really enjoyed it Justin.

I thought your preparation was in line with Sun Tzu. Even if I didn't field the army you were expecting you still had the right aces up your sleeve!

Having never played Chaos Warriors I could only guess what I might encounter and hence I took a fairly defensive/balanced force. My strategic tactics worked reasonably well, try and outflank and steer you onto the spears for flank attack with swordsmen or else stand and be shot at... I cocked up with my knights by over-extending them and having to do the death-and-glory charge. Now I have experienced how frenzy works I'll be prepared next time.

Let me know when you fancy a re-match.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
[Image: o0z8k0.jpg]
soviet troops deploy to destroy the fascist invaders

[Image: 1693vrm.jpg]
German forces center their defense on the fields

[Image: b88uvc.jpg]
with some deadly panther tanks in support

[Image: eg4k08.jpg]
the t-34s (fresh from the factory's of the motherland) advance into a hail of fire from the stugs

[Image: npqs6w.jpg]
Russian troops get into assaulting range of the German artillery wile the half tracks pour the fire on

[Image: j805jo.jpg]
overview of the carnage

[Image: 33ngw03.jpg]
the horde closes in for the kill

very close game guys an well played to both of you,i quite enjoyed umpiring an it was interesting to see how the battle turned out Smile
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
Thanks for the photos Jim! really need to slap some paint on my guys as the germans are putting me to shame!