Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painting Services?
Does anyone in the club or know of anyone who provides a painting service? In all honesty my painting skill has stayed at 0 for many years despite all the books, videos, guides, and personal lessons from a professional so suffice to say, I can't paint minis lol.

My partner has a natural skill so she's painting one of my armies and I'm hoping to find someone who could do the rest. I'm not looking for studio level finishes, just enough colour to make them look shiny on the table top and to pass at a tournament.

Cheers.
The chap in the Hobby Hut has a display case with some LotR and WFB miniatures I think, and I'm sure he told me that they're painted by someone local who offers it as a service.

Other than that I've come across a few painting services on Twitter - I'll try and track them down.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
When I first started at Royal Mail 12 years back, there was a chap who left to start a painting service. If I remember correctly he lived on the Enfield Rd so not far from the Windmill Centre. I will see if I can find some details for him.

However are you sure you cannot paint? There are plenty of tools available that can help, even those with the most basic of skills. The stygma surrounding dipped forces for example, isn't because it looks bad, but because it actually looks quite good. Have your tried that route at all?
(13-05-2011, 04:03 PM)Gareth Wrote: The stygma surrounding dipped forces for example, isn't because it looks bad, but because it actually looks quite good. Have your tried that route at all?

I did think to suggest that - anyone tried it?

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Oh Simon this might get confusing. I spoke to Russell (postie,) at work and if he still see's Russell (ex-postie who left to become a full time minature painter.) he told me he was yesterday, so u have passed on the Forum URL, aswell as my email, to Russell to give to Russell. However Russell from work was not in today, so I cannot are if he did or forgot. On top of that Russel at work says Russell painter has a bit of a backlog ATM, and has about four months worth of orders. He also told me painter Russell tends to ask for one model, will paint it first before returning it, so you can decide if you like his work. I will update when I know more.
The chap who came with Dave and John on the their first night has used Armypainters quick shade dip, and seemed impressed. I have some but not used it yet. As I have 80 mordor orcs to paint I'll try it on a sample of 8 next week and see how it looks. The armypainter stand at salute was impressive, showing before and after on the figures.

Here's an example.

You would need to be able to paint at least to the level of the first picture.

[Edit]
In fact you can just look here (duh) !
[Edit]

Si
I have recieved some information from Mr Westwood about his painting services.
[Image: ?ui=2&ik=2af874d535&view=att&th=130187bb...=inline&zw]
[Image: ?ui=2&ik=2af874d535&view=att&th=130187bb...isp=thd&zw]
Big Wraith pic here

Price link download
Additional information download
The links don't seem to be working unless my gmail is fubar
No idea. Links worked super, but unless it's to do with the fact that I deleted the email, I have no idea. I can always get his email address again, if there is interest.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Stuart tells me it's OK to pimp my services here:

http://www.precinctomega.co.uk/

Precinct Omega Studios is a painting agency representing over a dozen painters and sculptors, delivering a bespoke service to meet your needs and budget. We're also local(ish) based in Cheltenham. I'll be coming to the club on Tuesday 20th September, primarily to play Infinity and talk about MiniCon, the Gloucester-based gaming convention we're co-hosting with the Gloucester Games Bunker, but I'll also bring along our portfolio and some samples of our recent work for you to check out.

Regards,

Robey