Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome total war 2
Well, I honestly refer rome total realism, roma surrectum, EB , hegemonia and darthmod empire to RTW 2.

Edit: Well, that's what we get for trusting cinematic trailers.
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

To quote Angry Joe, it feel like Shogun 2 was two steps forward, and Rome 2 was three steps back for the series. I like some of the stuff they did with the campaign map and things, but it seems like a lot of stuff was either removed, or just was not as good as previous games. Dissapointing.
I actually quite like it, think its way better than Shogun 2. The only issue I have with it is the minute an a half between turns waiting for the AI to play out it's turn when I spent maybe 30 seconds on my actual turn.... Sad
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I'm a keen TW player too, my "series favourite" was always Medieval 2. However I admit I have never played Shogun or Shogun 2, or either of the Rome games mainly because I'm just not interested in those time periods or theatres.

I like Empire TW and Napoleon especially for the naval battles, but the sieges are so broken because the forts are dreadfully badly designed (due to bad pathfinding and poor clipping and also because they are just plain DULL) that it kind of spoils both those games. The castle sieges in Medieval 2 were fine so I just don't understand why they screwed up the forts in Empire and Napoleon so badly and never fixed them!?
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!
My favourites are Shogun 2 and Medieval 2. Shogun 2 added a lot to the series, and i thought it struck the right balance between being streamlined and still having a lot of depth. Rome 2 has even worse AI than previous games it seems, and so so many bugs. Battle UI is terrible too, and i found myself unable to play anymore after about 10 hours simply because i was bored. Campaign Map AI is simply far too passive, i have fought no large field battles, only attacked small raiding units and cities/towns because the AI factions refuse to make large armies. I'm a huge TW fan, and on the whole i do like Rome 2, but i can't recommend it to people because with 40% bigger budget over previous titles some of the flaws are inexcusable.
(11-09-2013, 12:47 PM)GreyKnight Wrote: I'm a keen TW player too, my "series favourite" was always Medieval 2. However I admit I have never played Shogun or Shogun 2, or either of the Rome games mainly because I'm just not interested in those time periods or theatres.

I like Empire TW and Napoleon especially for the naval battles, but the sieges are so broken because the forts are dreadfully badly designed (due to bad pathfinding and poor clipping and also because they are just plain DULL) that it kind of spoils both those games. The castle sieges in Medieval 2 were fine so I just don't understand why they screwed up the forts in Empire and Napoleon so badly and never fixed them!?

I was never a fan of Empire, but i really liked Napoleon. The sieges in Shogun 2 are really good, i'm hoping they stick with it and improve it a little and maybe do a Medieval 3.
no words needed
[Image: 23vnh8m.jpg]

[Image: ancv37.jpg]

[Image: 11kflex.jpg]
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
Well the Romans were very advanced for the time period....who's to say their ships couldn't do that? XD
(11-09-2013, 05:52 PM)actungpanzer Wrote: no words needed
[Image: 23vnh8m.jpg]

[Image: ancv37.jpg]

[Image: 11kflex.jpg]

lol how'd you get that ship parked like that?! :o
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant