Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k campaign
is there a imperial guard i can use cough i mean ally
(makes sesne ulthwe has used cough i mean ally with guard in the past/fluff)
(17-09-2012, 07:37 PM)Nick Wrote:
(17-09-2012, 07:07 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: let's take on the world Nick!

If that's what you want, fine with me. You may have to carry me a little, sorely out of practice at 40k....unless i can nag a few practice games off Vince...

Don't sound too enthusiastic now! If you prefer to ally with a guard player it's fine with me. Just pointing out fluff wise it makes sense. I'll leave it to Vince to decide. I don't mind if you are out of practice though.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Go to football and miss all the fun! Lol.
I don't mind how we do pairings if we are going that route, but i would like to keep them fluff like. Thinking that if we can get an exact list of who is taking part and try to keep it so it tells a story.
I could see Necrons and CSM pairing up to cause some chaos, guard and GK pairing up to stop them and Eldar using and abusing some unsuspecting Guard.

(17-09-2012, 04:33 PM)Sincilbanks Wrote: I'd like a go at this? If the numbers don't add up then please stick me down for giving some help running it...
Will put you down to take partSmile

40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Sounds good Vince, if we can get one more then we'll have four pairs which would be a nice number.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Yep, will ask around tomorrow. 4 teams would be ideal i think, would prefer 5-6 but ah well.
At least with a smallish one we can control the narrative a bit easier.
Blood bowl Skaven
My preference would be blood brothers but allies of convenience with Tau or Eldar could be good too. (Also whats with Grey Knights not being blood brothers with SM or IG??)
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
They should be blood brothers with SM but might mistrust the guard or see them as pawns and so far above them? I don't think Necrons have got any brothers in arms!
(17-09-2012, 09:47 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote:
(17-09-2012, 07:37 PM)Nick Wrote:
(17-09-2012, 07:07 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: let's take on the world Nick!

If that's what you want, fine with me. You may have to carry me a little, sorely out of practice at 40k....unless i can nag a few practice games off Vince...

Don't sound too enthusiastic now! If you prefer to ally with a guard player it's fine with me. Just pointing out fluff wise it makes sense. I'll leave it to Vince to decide. I don't mind if you are out of practice though.

Don't get me wrong i'm more than happy pairing with you and your 'Crons, but i was just pointing out that the only games i've played really in the last 5 months or so have been the tournament ones. Plus fluff-wise unless someone is doing traitor guard, Necrons seems like the most likely ally for my Chaos Warband
Personally, I can see why Grey Knights don't have a single faction that are blood brothers, would you trusts Grey Knight with your life? I wouldn't lol, they ALWAYS have there own agenda, this could mean killing Marines that are suspected of Heresy lol, so no wonder guardsman don't trust them fully lol.

I'm happy to "ally" with whoever.

I would like three more people for the campaign if possible?
Anyone interested?
If i get chance today, they will be update to the map showing key locations(manufactorum, power plant, etc) and starting base locations. There will be 1 base per team, we will decide randomly which base you have by one member rolling for iniative, and the other rolling for base location.
Blood bowl Skaven