Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k campaign
yeah that sounds good
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Yeah, if we're doubling up we should only be allowed to go with an army that we can actually ally with.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Yep, as i mentioneed previously whoever you partner with has to be allowed per the allies matrix, but not desperate allies.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Yeah looks/sounds good to me mate as it makes sense, no Nids with Tau for example Wink.

I like the idea of a fluid map, my dad and his gaming buddies played a WW2 campaign, where it was done with a narrative, ie my dad was the Russians and his objective was to get into Berlin before anyone else and the German objective was to protect Hitler at all times, then there where all the others with their objectives, IE Churchil has to survive, but during the bombing runs he could hide in certain villages which had bunkers in, but if a german bombing run hit when he was out of his bunker there was a chance he could be killed etc. It was lots of fun.

Now the campaign was run on a map, it took determinate amount of time to travel set distances if you where infantry, mech or mixture, like my dad had an infantry core witch got held up by a random bad weather roll, but his tank core was on the outskirts of Germany waiting for re-enforcement, then got ambushed by a German youth/panzer counter attack and he took a massive hit on his tank core, only the major events took place on the battlefield, a lot of it was done by the CO (campaign Organiser) and a lot of stuff was done on random D20 rolls (IE on a 1, your infantry are delayed by 2 weeks bad weather during winter months, while tanks are only slowed by a 3rd, but a roll of 15+ there is no effect).

The WW2 campaign also had an in game campaign time limit and power ratings, they had like 5 years for the objectives to be completed, power ratings where done on the position of the country, like the Germans could replenish their troops, planes and tanks pretty well at the start, but as they started to lose ground, money, then the bombing runs would start to effect there infrastructure, they began the deplete in power.

Also while I remember... a tank company deserted the British a went under German command in Africa because of a bribe that basically crippled the Germans.

Now I’m not sure how we could do this in 40k but it sounds fun to me, lots of random stuff and lots of diplomacy, hidden agendas, objectives seems fun, but it’s just an idea.

When are we picking partners etc?

I'd like a go at this? If the numbers don't add up then please stick me down for giving some help running it...
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
Well i'll be running my new Chaos hopefully, can't remember off the top of my head but i think that means i'm stuck paired with Guard and Demons
Nick you can pair with guard, daemons, necrons, orks and...tau?!

So of the people signed up, JJ, Vince (both guard) or me (necrons).

Worth bearing in mind that as Necrons I can only ally with CSM (Nick), Grey knights (Rob), Orks and Tau.

Who is going to decide the pairings? Fluff wise it makes a lot more sense if Necrons and Chaos ally I think? (they are both nasty)
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(17-09-2012, 06:41 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Nick you can pair with guard, daemons, necrons, orks and...tau?!

So of the people signed up, JJ, Vince (both guard) or me (necrons).

Worth bearing in mind that as Necrons I can only ally with CSM (Nick), Grey knights (Rob), Orks and Tau.

Who is going to decide the pairings? Fluff wise it makes a lot more sense if Necrons and Chaos ally I think? (they are both nasty)

Necrons and Grey Kights? Somehow doesn't seem a likely combo....CSM and Necrons, plausable at least.
let's take on the world Nick!
(17-09-2012, 07:07 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: let's take on the world Nick!

If that's what you want, fine with me. You may have to carry me a little, sorely out of practice at 40k....unless i can nag a few practice games off Vince...