Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caledonian List 1850pts (battle reports page2)
(26-12-2012, 09:21 PM)Embolden Wrote: Thanks to Santa I now have £50 to spent at GW, this means I could get quite a bit of stuff... like forgeworld... I have already considered Hyperios Missiles and Hydra turrets... ugh! So much choice... not enough points!

Tomorrow I have time to sit down and bash out a couple of lists for you guys to check out if you wouldn't mind Smile

I know what you mean, already spent a fair chunk of time uhm'ing and ahhh'ing over how to arm my new Termies......why oh why do they insist on giving them so many weapon options, i'd like them all ;_;
Where do we submit these lists?. I can't find it in my phone and guess I should be submitting today.
It's all changed mate, it's the 4th of Jan now... http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic....&start=180

I have submitted my list now:

Rob Edwards Caledonian 1850pts 2013 Imperial Guard and Space Wolves Army list
Primary Detachment: Imperial Guard
HQ1: Lord Commissar (70) Power Axe (10) [80]
HQ2: Company Command Squad (50) [50]
Troop1: Veteran Squad (70) Lascannon (20) [90]
Troop2a: Platoon Command (30) [30]
Troop2b: Infantry squad (50) Power Axe (10) Meltabomb (5) [65]
Troop2c: Infantry squad (50) Power Axe (10) Meltabomb (5) [65]
Troop2d: Infantry squad (50) Power Axe (10) Meltabomb (5) [65]
Troop2e: Infantry squad (50) Power Axe (10) [60]
Troop2f: Infantry squad (50) [50]
Fast1: Vendetta (130) Heavy Bolters (10) [140]
Fast2: Vendetta (130) Heavy Bolters (10) [140]
Fast3: Vendetta (130) [130]

Allied Detachment: Space Wolves
HQ1: Rune Priest (100) Master of Runes (50) Jaws of the World Wolf (0), Living Lightening (0) [150]
HQ2: Rune Priest (100) Storm Caller (0), Jaws of the World Wolf (0) [100]
Elite1: 3 Wolf Guard (54) 2 Terminator Armour (2x15) 2 Power Fists (2x10) 1 Bike (35) [139]
Troop1: 10 Grey Hunters (150) 2 Plasmaguns (1x10, 1xfree) [160]
Troop2: 10 Grey Hunters (150) 2 Plasmaguns (1x10, 1xfree) [160]
Fast1: 3 Hyperios Air Defence Battery (3x35) [105]

Fortification
Fort1: Aegis Defence Line (50) Comms Relay (20) [70]
[Total: 1849]

What is the purpose of HQ2? Just wondered as they have no special weapons and are not scoring.
(28-12-2012, 05:51 PM)The Count Wrote: What is the purpose of HQ2? Just wondered as they have no special weapons and are not scoring.

Orders?
(28-12-2012, 05:51 PM)The Count Wrote: What is the purpose of HQ2? Just wondered as they have no special weapons and are not scoring.

For a linebreaker as will go in a Vendetta and may also be my Warlord and go in normal reserve, depending on the opponents army (IE how much anti-flyer/Interceptor stuff there is), the Commissar can be picked out by ordinance/precision shots pretty easy. So the second HQ gives me more option.

Plus - what Nick says :p.

So I've played 2 practice games with this list, both against the same list, 2 D-Lords with 2+ save, MSS and 4+ Inv, 17 Wraiths (2x6, 1x5), 3x5 Warriors in Nightscythes, 1x10 Immortals and 3x A-Barges.

Game1: Scouring and Vanguard strike, the game started well with me getting the 4+ Inv and Missfortune psychic powers, in the first opening shots the Warlord D-Lord went down, but it went down hill from there as 1x6 wraiths and a D-Lord held my Blob in combat for 4 combat turns, while the rest of the army went to town taking out the Grey Hunters, Veterans and both command squads with ease, with the A-Barges thinning the grey hunters enough for the Wraiths to charge and wipe them out one after the other, while in the skies, the Nightscythes all stayed off turn2 with some lucky/unlucky rolling depending on how you see it, 2 Vendettas came on and took out a A-Barge, then the Nightscythes came on and destroyed both Vendettas with 1 Barges help, then the other Vendetta came on a did nothing, then got shot down. In the end I held 1 objective (4pt), slay the warlord, Firstblood, 2 Wraith squads and Linebreaker. While the Necrons held 4 Objectives (1,3,3,2), Linebreaker, for a convincing defeat!

Game2 Relic + Emperors will and Dawn of War Deployment: I got the 4+ inv save again, I didn't get first turn again, this time the A-Barges went for the blob and thinned out 15 turn1, with all the Wraith squads flanking round the blob, I moved up to try get into my backfield again, I managed to catch 1 Wraith squad with the blob for a 17" charge + move! Which was pretty pivotal, as this catapulted the squad towards the relic, the Grey Hunters fought valiantly in combat this time, as I mobbed a Wraith squad, the Veteran squad was eaten, as was both the command squads by the 5 man Wraith squad, which then turned its attention to the grey Hunters, but this time I detached a Rune priest which charged into the combat with the Grey Hunters to support, and he did well killed 2 with his force weapon before being taken out, but this was a turning point in the combat as Grey Hunters just overwhelmed the Wraiths and I ended up holding my objective with a lucky run of 5" to get within 3" of the objective, while the blob which had a Warlord Commissar, 2 Sergeants and a Rune priest left held on to the Relic.

Next up, I want to face the new Daemon build and see how the list fares against all those flamers/screamers.

That is a lot of wraiths. Glad you are getting some games in.

How did you kill the D lord? Just mass fire and he wanted to tank all the hits? 2+ LoS and 2+ Armour is almost impossible to kill with 3 wounds at range with out ap2. Where you in plasma range?
Cheers, yeah it's quite intimidating as they're on you so quick, plus the torrent fire power that comes from the A-Barges, as well as the Nightscythes, then the Warriors and Immortals just stroll into the midfield behind the carnage.

The D-lord was pretty unlucky, the squad was missfortuned, then were hit by a TON of lasgun fire from fist rank, second rank, it failed like 5 LOS after taking a wound on the first armour save, then failed a further 2, so no plasma needed, but missfortune played a massive role.