Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40% off Space Marine Stormtalons at Total Wargamer
Well, I had "due in the next few days" from Sarah and "You will have your order by then (Monday/Tuesday)" from Paul with a reminder of the 5/10 working days delivery, which if they open Saturday, then surely that's a working day too.

I ordered on the 29th December, they took payment on the 29th. Even if they waited until the 2nd before doing anything, and did not open on Saturday - that's 13 days so far.

It's Friday, they're still not picking up the phone and my stuff's still not here. Thanks to the weather we cannot go over tomorrow as we'd planned on paying them a visit.

Are TotalWargamer.co.uk well known and respected in the "community" ?
(18-01-2013, 03:56 PM)FastFingerWill Wrote: Well, I had "due in the next few days" from Sarah and "You will have your order by then (Monday/Tuesday)" from Paul with a reminder of the 5/10 working days delivery, which if they open Saturday, then surely that's a working day too.

I ordered on the 29th December, they took payment on the 29th. Even if they waited until the 2nd before doing anything, and did not open on Saturday - that's 13 days so far.

It's Friday, they're still not picking up the phone and my stuff's still not here. Thanks to the weather we cannot go over tomorrow as we'd planned on paying them a visit.

Are TotalWargamer.co.uk well known and respected in the "community" ?

Hello FastFingerWill

I'm afraid we had to leave midday yesterday as we are in the sticks and were in danger of being snowed in - Just as you are unable to get to us due to the weather it affects us also.

With regard the the working days question maybe business days would be a better description - we mean Monday to Friday. The shop is open on Saturday and Sunday but mail order is only open Monday - Friday as this is when mail is collected.

What is your ticket number I can take a look at it.
(19-01-2013, 01:13 PM)totalwargamer Wrote: With regard the the working days question maybe business days would be a better description - we mean Monday to Friday. The shop is open on Saturday and Sunday but mail order is only open Monday - Friday as this is when mail is collected.

What is your ticket number I can take a look at it.

Ticket number is 696644.

Business days, working days, is just getting pedantic, it's still 13 "business" days according to your working practice and I've not heard anything from you regarding my order other than a promise I'll have it Monday/Tuesday which I haven't.

I understand you cannot keep stock of everything, but you've made no effort to keep me informed of my order. I've had to do all the chasing, even though you took my money at the time of order on 29th December.

I spent a week trying to call and email you. Emails were ignored, and you put the phone down as soon as you picked it up. Finally after posting on here we Tweeted about it and you sprung to life!
On the 11th January "Sarah" says it's due from Games Workshop "in the next few days" and "Paul" says "You will have your order by Monday/Tuesday" (14/15).

Still no order, or update to my support ticket and it's the 19th.

I'd just like a straight answer and to be kept updated.
(19-01-2013, 01:13 PM)totalwargamer Wrote: What is your ticket number I can take a look at it.
Not a peep from you since the 19th. No response to emails, no reply to this request for help and you're still not bothering to pick up the phone when we've called every few hours nearly every day so far this year.

Looks like you've given us no choice but to come to you to get this sorted.

Google as it down as a 20 minute journey and Est. fuel cost: of £3.79. An hour of my time and £8 in fuel had better be worth it as I cannot even confirm if you're actually open!
(26-01-2013, 09:47 AM)FastFingerWill Wrote:
(19-01-2013, 01:13 PM)totalwargamer Wrote: What is your ticket number I can take a look at it.
Not a peep from you since the 19th. No response to emails, no reply to this request for help and you're still not bothering to pick up the phone when we've called every few hours nearly every day so far this year.

Looks like you've given us no choice but to come to you to get this sorted.

Google as it down as a 20 minute journey and Est. fuel cost: of £3.79. An hour of my time and £8 in fuel had better be worth it as I cannot even confirm if you're actually open!

Ordered from TWG 3 times before, had nothing but problems. Last time i ordered some chaos terminators and some raptors, took 9 weeks to arrive. Phone calls didn't work, went instore and got told to call during the week, which didn't help, and eventually i had to send a load of emails off to get things sorted.
Sent loads of emails, and between us we've made over 100 phone calls trying to make contact.

Now here's the paradox...

We paid Total Wargamer a visit today with a view of getting to the bottom of what's going on and if in stock pick up a few bits and brushes.

We were greeted by "Owen" (and the cat!) who was very professional and helpful. He could not help us regarding the online order as the online part is different to the shop, and they only work Monday to Friday. He checked to see if anything we ordered was in stock (1 item was).

We're none the wiser about our online order, but what was surprising was the complete contrast between the online side of the business and what happens in the shop.
If the online side was run as professionally and customer focused as those in the shop we'd not be having this discussion.

Big thanks to Owen.
I've found TWG okay... I've ordered 3 times from them, the first order was fantastic, delivered within about 4 w/days (ordered on wednesday evening, delivered on tuesday morning), the next order was a large order and it took about 6 weeks for delivery, tried calling, tried emailing all to no response for about 4 weeks, then was told it was due by end of the week (was told this on a tuesday), it finally arrived the end of the following week.

I have been to the store on numerous times, they have been fantastic, I couldn't recommend them highly enough! I will be avoiding the online store though Sad

I've found the same thing to be honest, instore is great, no complaints. But online seems like another store entirely.
I had problems with my last two orders but after getting in contact via their Facebook page it was sorted out pretty quick.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
We left a message in store for someone to call us back today with an update to our 29th December order.

Hopefully, as we spent over £150 in store on Saturday as well as the order on the 29th December someone will give us an update with an honest ETA for the rest of our stuff.

Magic: The Gathering cards are proving a hit though! (Thanks Owen!)