Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dawn of War
i have been playing dawn on war on the laptop for many years and love number 1 even though it is quite old dawn of war is what helped me start collecting 40k as my favorite army to play on the skirmish games is the orcs by miles. making all the waaaaaaaghh banners so i can make more ork warriors to throw themselves into the fray and die wasting my ever lasting stategic points.

what a game.

i am thinking of getting number 2 with the tyranids but i don't know if i should because i don't know if it is worth my money. fi anyone has either games i would love to hear your veiws doesn't matter what sort of console.
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
(27-07-2011, 10:27 AM)Dark Wolf Wrote: i have been playing dawn on war on the laptop for many years and love number 1 even though it is quite old dawn of war is what helped me start collecting 40k as my favorite army to play on the skirmish games is the orcs by miles. making all the waaaaaaaghh banners so i can make more ork warriors to throw themselves into the fray and die wasting my ever lasting stategic points.

what a game.

i am thinking of getting number 2 with the tyranids but i don't know if i should because i don't know if it is worth my money. fi anyone has either games i would love to hear your veiws doesn't matter what sort of console.

Dawn of War 2 is definitely worth getting. It has much better game play. If you do get it you will need a good computer to run it on. What specs do you have?
All three of the dawn of war 2 games are good, lose many an hour to them. Nice that you can upgrade your squads to suit your tactics as well!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
ye the only problem is with heavy bolters is that they have more range than blotguns so the other marines don't get to shoot somtimes. my favorite is the plasma gun by miles. its cool how you can reinforce your squad in battle by making more soldier as others die but i was playing it for my first time on the campaign and didn't do they tutorial and i made about 20 scouts and agenst one ork boys mob in combat it lasted 20minutes until i ran away to build some marines but it was all because of the adding new squad members ability as both sides were doing it.
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Sod DoW get Bloodbowl. Simples.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Is Blood bowl any good? Very tempted to buy it....
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I need to buy the legendary version for extra teams. Don't play real time it blows but otherwise it is an exact representation of the board game. Commentary and sound effects are shocking, not the greatest graphics, and a bit clunky in game play, but I love the real thing and this is an adequate substitute.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Massive DoW2 player here, let me know if anyone feels like having a mash up on The Last Stand or some multiplayer skirmishes or something, or even Co-Op ^^
I have both DoW1 and 2 plus all the expansions.

I got DoW2 most recently and although I have played through and completed two of the campaigns I have to say it left me somewhat bored by the end. I found every mission to be basically exactly the same and the end of mission bosses were just plain stupid. They had no reason to be so massively more powerful than your own Marines, yet they had like 20 - 100 times the health of your Force Commander or worse. I found them very frustrating because that's just the typical "noob" method of making an enemy hard to defeat. I also found the unit options a bit dull and I didn't like the non-codex unit sizes. Three man space marine squads? Not right.

I have to say DoW1 was the better game IMHO.
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!
could i borrow someones dawn of war 2 to see if it works i have all the orinagal games and while i love them get bored by the base building etc want to try dow2 but not sure if comp is good enough