Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Dropfleet Commander Player Worcester
Hello, 

Nice to meet you all. I have decided to give Dropfleet Commander a try having grown tired of 40k. Currently living in Worcester, married with 4 year old daughter (going on 18...parents will know what I mean). I have been trying to find a community that plays this game and had this forum suggested to me my someone on FB. Looking at gradually getting to know the rules etc and would be up for meeting up for beginners game with any takers. Have a lot of time taken up by family life and working hours, I'm a Class 2 multi-drop driver, however as long as you guys can fit me in my wife has agreed I can have one or two Tuesday evenings to "play geeky stuff" (her words not mine).
(26-02-2018, 05:31 PM)AlanThornton1978 Wrote: Hello, 

Nice to meet you all. I have decided to give Dropfleet Commander a try having grown tired of 40k. Currently living in Worcester, married with 4 year old daughter (going on 18...parents will know what I mean). I have been trying to find a community that plays this game and had this forum suggested to me my someone on FB. Looking at gradually getting to know the rules etc and would be up for meeting up for beginners game with any takers. Have a lot of time taken up by family life and working hours, I'm a Class 2 multi-drop driver, however as long as you guys can fit me in my wife has agreed I can have one or two Tuesday evenings to "play geeky stuff" (her words not mine).

Welcome to the group. Dropfleet is pretty well supported so you should find people to play with. Do you have a faction you intend to play?
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR
Welcome to the forum Alan! Plenty of DfC players here to give you an intro/demo game!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Hey Alan, welcome to the club, lots of ppl playing dropfleet here at the moment so you should find it easy to get a game. Just post on the weekly meetings thread when you know you have a pass for a Tuesday evening's geekfest!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Welcome Alan, look forward to having you along!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Many thanks guys, I really like the look of the UCM ships, the Scourge don't float my boat and the Shaltari look strange...so no. I may like the PHR, like the look of the models but haven't read their play style yet. Soon as I have my UCM starter fleet up and running I'll pop over.