Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Middle Earth Battle Companies
Might be interested. I bought some Uruk Hai a while ago but haven't painted them yet. Are they in the book?
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
(07-01-2018, 11:59 AM)Agent0range Wrote: Might be interested. I bought some Uruk Hai a while ago but haven't painted them yet. Are they in the book?

yep, starter band is 7 uruk hai scouts (incl 3 with a shield and 2 with bow)
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(07-01-2018, 10:27 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Do all 3 heroes get the 'army specific hero upgrade' automatically or do they have to earn it somehow?

It's a skill they can get from 2 of the 5 skill charts. I think that Rohan is the only one that gets a free skill on their heroes.

Early Feb should be fine for me.
DZC: UCM
DFC: UCM and PHR
Saga: Gall Gaidheal
Bolt Action: Heer Panzergrens
Warzone: Capitol
Epic: Orks and Marines
Necromunda, Mordheim, BFG, Frostgrave..basically anything that isn't 40K or the abomination that is Age of Sigmar.
(08-01-2018, 06:27 PM)hectorkmackenzie Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 10:27 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Do all 3 heroes get the 'army specific hero upgrade' automatically or do they have to earn it somehow?

It's a skill they can get from 2 of the 5 skill charts. I think that Rohan is the only one that gets a free skill on their heroes.

Early Feb should be fine for me.
OK thanks
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I might be interested in this if someone can give me a steer
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
(29-01-2018, 07:18 AM)Russell Wrote: I might be interested in this if someone can give me a steer

What faction were you thinking of, and do you have the book?
No idea and nope - I used to play LoTR a very long time ago - a friend sold me on battle companies whilst I was in Nottingham this weekend
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
(29-01-2018, 03:33 PM)Russell Wrote: No idea and nope - I used to play LoTR a very long time ago - a friend sold me on battle companies whilst I was in Nottingham this weekend
Do you still have some LOTR figures? There are lots of different warbands in the book, so if you have some there is almost certainly a warband which uses them. The maximum you need for a starting warband is about 8.
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR
I'm all over this!!!!!!!I need to get mineSmile
LOTR/Hobbit SBG: Rohan, Minas Tirith, Numenor, Mordor, Moria & Angmar, Isengard, Harad & Umbar, Eregion & Rivendel, Durins Folk, Fellowship, White Council
yeah just pick a faction and we can tell you what you'll need for starters.