Poll: Are you interested?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah. Count me in.
100.00%
2 100.00%
Nah
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New year new army. Or. A tale of X generals
As christmas is nearly upon us and the go-to gift for family members with hobbyist relatives is vouchers or cold hard cash. I thought I'd touch on a thread Russel started a couple of weeks ago.

The plan so far

Start in january or march

Using the patrol detachment as a guide/check list (and keep all things equal). This should last us at least 6/7 months.

Your new force should consist of a force you do not currently play and own the codex for (though the index is acceptable as it contains multiple forces) but can be aligned. So for example. If you play imperial fists. Ultra marines or crimson fists would be off limits. But Space Wolves or Blood Angels wouldn't. Likewise, A death guard player would have Night lords or Word bearers restricted. But could make a Nurgle (or other) daemon army.

The starting force would be those that can be made in the "start collecting" box. Or 1 HQ. 1-2 Troops and 1 vehicle

Only official gw models or fw will be allowed. Though where they are sourced from is up to you

Scoring will be done at the end of each month. And will be counted as follows
1pt per unit painted to "table top" standard.
Played a game 1pt
Won a game 2pts
Draw a game 1pt for both participants
Note. You can play any number of "friendlies" but can only play a "scoring game" once per opponent.

I also had the idea that like the dfc campaign. If everyone chips in a fiver. We could have a prize(s) at the end.

So lemme know what you think.

Ps. Dibs on ad mech. Tongue
For the Angelic Horde!
I'm interested - starting in March might be better as we can finish the Dropfleet League first.

And I've changed my mind since Russells original Thread and would like to give Imperial Guard/Astra Miliatrum a go.

Because I just love armies with huge model counts Big Grin
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
I've just started a new Army, can I use that ?
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
that would depend on how much is done. I'd like to keep everyone on as level a playing field as possible.
For the Angelic Horde!
(17-12-2017, 01:13 PM)Fitz Wrote: that would depend on how much is done. I'd like to keep everyone on as level a playing field as possible.

I'm out then, by the end of January I should have about 2,000 points nearly fully painted of my new Army.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
(19-12-2017, 04:14 PM)wako1302 Wrote:
(17-12-2017, 01:13 PM)Fitz Wrote: that would depend on how much is done. I'd like to keep everyone on as level a playing field as possible.

I'm out then, by the end of January I should have about 2,000 points nearly fully painted of my new Army.

How about re-working the scoring for win/loss etc to perhaps have a bonus in points to those that have started new armies or start those with existing units on a handicap? So if you are bringing existing armies you need to play a blinder to do well and incentivise new armies as the path to victory is perhaps easier?

I may be interested in joining in with this and would love to start a Blood Angels army. With the newborn I'd perhaps struggle to keep up with the painting, but it would be great to use this as an opportunity to pad out an existing collection also? I've got a fair bit of stuff for my IG that's still unpainted that I'd love to finish off and this sort of escalation league would be perfect to help keep me motivated to finish off those odd squads/vehicles I've got without going for a full on army.

Would be nice to find some middle ground to get more people playing 40K again. There's been a great turnout so far for the DfC league.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
(19-12-2017, 04:56 PM)Agent0range Wrote:
(19-12-2017, 04:14 PM)wako1302 Wrote:

How about re-working the scoring for win/loss etc to perhaps have a bonus in points to those that have started new armies or start those with existing units on a handicap? So if you are bringing existing armies you need to play a blinder to do well and incentivise new armies as the path to victory is perhaps easier?

I may be interested in joining in with this and would love to start a Blood Angels army. With the newborn I'd perhaps struggle to keep up with the painting, but it would be great to use this as an opportunity to pad out an existing collection also? I've got a fair bit of stuff for my IG that's still unpainted that I'd love to finish off and this sort of escalation league would be perfect to help keep me motivated to finish off those odd squads/vehicles I've got without going for a full on army.

Would be nice to find some middle ground to get more people playing 40K again. There's been a great turnout so far for the DfC league.

Agree with all this Alan

I already own quite a bit of the Imperial Guard and would like to use this as an opportunity to start the army proper as I've only used them as an allied contingent before - I can't really justify starting a new army completely with so many half finished ones!, so if that's the case I would be out as well.

Or you do something similar to the Dropfleet League and make it points based, where you say start with a 500 point allowance and build up in blocks. That way people with new-ish or barely used armies could still join in, where as those who wanted could still start a new army could.

If you rework the painting points so that only units painted since the start counted (and trusted people to honest!), then those starting a brand new army would still get a better chance to win.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
could work. had a bit of a dabble on battlescribe. most of the start collecting boxes are around the 400pt mark
For the Angelic Horde!
I'm in :-) I've painted 1 unit of a new army with some models an route to me to get going properly

Attached Files Image(s)

40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
My Start Collecting Box Arrived
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith