Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOTR Campaign Rules and Map
All turn 4 moves made.

Assuming Will moves back to defend the black gate which I am sure he will as we discussed it already, the following battles are occurring this turn:

Chris/Will to fight JJ at Lothlorien (9)
Paul to fight Stu in the Brown Lands (12)
Chris to fight Rob at East Emnet (17)
Will to fight Matt at the Black Gate (18)

[Luke will automatically take back the Westfold (14) without a fight. Similarly Will will automatically take Dol Guldur (10) before moving to defend the black gates.]

Please arrange a game with your opponent, it would be great to have the battles done within 4 weeks to start the next turn of the Saga!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
If I beat will at the black gates (unlikely) does he lose dol guldur as it is cut off or can he retreat there?
as per the rules he would retreat to dol guldur and be cut off from his capital. So to clarify he will still own dol guldur and his capital but would be in danger of losing his army if he was attacked at dol guldur with no friendly or neutral territories to retreat to in a subsequent turn.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
See updated map in first post and updated capital rules in second post
Our move I believe?

Gondor will attempt to take Barad-dûr. After all it's exactly what they tried in the appendices! Drive a force away from the black gates. Let the elves of Lorien deal with that, then attack Mordor. Fluff-tastic!

Without the ring yo chuck in the mountain no lasting victory is assured anyway!
(18-10-2016, 11:02 AM)Brightblade Wrote: Our move I believe?

Gondor will attempt to take Barad-dûr. After all it's exactly what they tried in the appendices! Drive a force away from the black gates. Let the elves of Lorien deal with that, then attack Mordor. Fluff-tastic!

Without the ring yo chuck in the mountain no lasting victory is assured anyway!

It is, but we need to assign our Points/Extra Army first. Do you want to take the extra Army and I'll take the extra points?
So Gondor moves in force into the black land, rohan moves to mop up the uruk hai occupying lothlorien.

JJ and Stu it's your move next.

Rob and Paul you still need to assign your reinforcements.
So JJ can't move, Stu has attacked Will at 10, having heard rumours Radagast the Brown was wandering in the area.

All the Mordor/Isengard forces are tied up in battle so last to make their moves are Rob and Paul who need to assign their points and make their moves.

Seeing as Rob won't be able to make the club in Nov, it may be that this is the last campaign turn before the big showdown in Dec. My hope is that Rob will be able to play his game (whoever he attacks) in early Dec.

We can then have a big multiplayer battle (or perhaps split into two tables) in one of the evenings in Dec - either the 13th or the 20th.

The no. of points you have (victories, territories, any defeated enemy capitals - there may be one or two) will directly go to determining how many points you have in the last battle.

map updated
I Might be able to make maybe one night in November, not sure about this in the slightest!

I can play my campaign match on the 25th October (aka Tomorrow) if Matt is free?
LOTR/Hobbit SBG: Rohan, Minas Tirith, Numenor, Mordor, Moria & Angmar, Isengard, Harad & Umbar, Eregion & Rivendel, Durins Folk, Fellowship, White Council
Sorry, I can't play tomorrow. Working.

Errr.... Am I playing three games this round? I thought it was one battle per turn? I'll do my best to honour the commitment as swiftly as possible. Sorry if it takes a while.