Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumours thread
A thread to record snippets of information pertaining to the future of the GW LotR/Hobbit system.

Couple of things I've read recently (pinch of salt at the ready)...

It sounds like GW are preparing the 5 sourcebooks ("Free Peoples, "Fallen Realms", etc.) for reprint.

At the Throne of Skulls event at Warhammer World this weekend there will apparently be a major announcement about the future of the system from Adam Troke, the GW "Middle Earth Manager".

Sources:
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Not much detail but word coming out of the session at Throne of Skulls is that the system will become the Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game, and to expect the release of new stuff and re-release of some old stuff. Little more than that at the moment but sounds promising.
Here's hoping!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Bit more from the Hobbit League FB group...

Quote:SAME GAME
BIGGER SCOPE
NEW MODELS
NEW BOOKS
OLD BOOKS AGAIN
SOME OOP MODELS BACK
LENGTHY LICENCE
MISSING DWARF (OOOOH)
IT'S AWESOME NEWS
NOW GET EXCITED PEOPLE
It sounds like GW want to hear from the community as to what they'd like to see released.
Missing dwarf?

I'd like to see scenarios based on some stuff in the Silmarillion, such as Beren stealing the jewel after sneaking into Morgoths palace, Turin Turambar and his fight against the dragon, battles of the Elves of Gondolin and Meneloth (sp?) etc against Morgoths minions as their cities fall, the battle of unnumbered tears, Valar fighting Balrogs... The fall of Eregion and Arnor's battle vs the Witch King. A bit later in the history they could do the men of Numenor landing in Middle Earth and the fight against Sauron. So much they could explore!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Whoo, exciting times.

Off dakkadakka, off Facebook,

Quote:Sourcebooks are being re-printed in three weeks
New Sourcebook (Most likely BoFA) is being released by the end of the Calendar year
Out of Production models will be released again in Forgeworld Resin
Due to the cost of Forgeworld resin, terrain kits will no longer be sold and instead replaced with battle boards (possibly)
Dain (Not on Pig) was shown and apparently looks better than anything we have ever seen. No pictures were taken to show us.
Adam Troke has is guaranteed to work on Middle Earth SBG for Four Years!! That is Four more years of models released
No mention of a new rulebook but there not be an Age of Sigmar type deal. My guess is that it will be Weapons Rules and Monster rules that will get tweaked. Game is said to largely stay the same.
New Game will be called Middle Earth SBG
The New game will start to go into the Lord of the Rings Appendices and Hobbit Appendices for material after the BoFA is done

Out of print models going to forge world is good news. They are going for crazy money on ebay and some of my favourite GW sculpts are LotR.
Wonder if GW has got the license to do stuff for events earlier than the hobbit?
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

OK this actually looks like it's happening and I am very happy!

It says Middle Earth so I'm assuming they can do anything? Maybe they will do Valar sculpts like the Primarchs in 40K?
(03-04-2016, 08:01 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I'd like to see scenarios based on some stuff in the Silmarillion, such as Beren stealing the jewel after sneaking into Morgoths palace, Turin Turambar and his fight against the dragon, battles of the Elves of Gondolin and Meneloth (sp?) etc against Morgoths minions as their cities fall, the battle of unnumbered tears, Valar fighting Balrogs... The fall of Eregion and Arnor's battle vs the Witch King. A bit later in the history they could do the men of Numenor landing in Middle Earth and the fight against Sauron. So much they could explore!

(03-04-2016, 10:23 AM)will Wrote: Wonder if GW has got the license to do stuff for events earlier than the hobbit?

I can't vouch for the accuracy, but one statement I saw said that the GW license doesn't cover much outside of the films, but there is some leeway to expand a little and fill in the gaps.

(03-04-2016, 10:23 AM)will Wrote: Out of print models going to forge world is good news. They are going for crazy money on ebay and some of my favourite GW sculpts are LotR.

Definitely - Halbarad, Arathorn and Gildor all go for silly money. Saw mention that if Forgeworld can't use then existing moulds then there was scope to resculpt.
Here are a few video's from GBHL about what going on;

GBHL James' break down of TOS;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBFGeGB_WHg

Palantir episode;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtcblqpSPn8

The futures bright, The futures Middle Earth SBG
LOTR/Hobbit SBG: Rohan, Minas Tirith, Numenor, Mordor, Moria & Angmar, Isengard, Harad & Umbar, Eregion & Rivendel, Durins Folk, Fellowship, White Council