Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k League - Results Thread - FINALS UPDATED 14/8
(08-08-2013, 09:17 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Well i finish work at 6. Not an issue to come straight from work but probably wont b there till about 7:10. Up to you dude?

Sounds good mate, I think we have the smallest armies at the club, should be done by 8! lol

Yeah i guess thats true haha. Can you bring the stormraven again please? Its my only hope!
Hey everyone,

So the league has come to a close! I want to thank each and everyone who took part, I hope you all enjoyed it!

I want to thank each and every one of my opponents! I enjoyed each and every game!

Moving into the Final, myself and Nick duked it out for 6 turns of nerve racking 40k, the mission was Emperors Will, Dawn of War deployment, I was given first turn, so I set about deploying Draigo and his pals, everything else went in DS reserve, my turn1 was all about getting towards Nicks objective, so a move and run where my only actions, Nick then stripped 2 wounds of Dragio, plus the -1 wound from Dante, leaving him on one wound!

Turn2 I managed to get into Psycannon range of the Landraider and get lucky rolling 4 6's, for firstblood, Nicks turn2 the Storm Ravens came on a took out Draigo and 5 Paladins!!! I was now on the back foot massively!

Turn3
With a lot of luck, only one Dreadknight arrives, which then misshaps back into reserves (perfect result I thought at the time), Coteaz and 5 Paladins kill a Assault marine or 2 that dropped out the Landraider. Nick gets his Death Company on from basic reserves. Then Dante, plus friends and the other Sang Guard jump out the Storm Ravens, shooting see only a couple of Paladins go down, luckily only Dante his Sang Guard make the assault distance, but they smash in Coteaz and 1 Paladin, leaving 2 Paladins on one wound! (I would of been tabled if they had gone down!!!), they remain locked in combat.

Turn4
My reserves arrive, the Solodin and none scoring Dreadknight land basically on my home objective, the scoring Dreadknight and 5 Paladins land basically on Nicks objective. The 5 Paladins are the only thing a range, they shoot at the Assault Marines and Nick saves every thing... Dante then finishes off the Paladins as they Paladins drop the last Sang Guard. everything bar a Storm Raven moves to clear Nicks objective, the Storm Raven that moved towards my objective in hover mode, fails to take out the Solodin, Dreadknight is reduced to 3 wounds and the Paladins are reduced to 2, both are then assaulting, the Dreadknight issues Dante a challenge and he accepts, then gets punched in the face and killed, the Assault Marines and Curbolo charge the Paladins and lose a couple of Assault marines and put a wound on a Paladin.

Turn5
With things still looking very bleak, the Dreadknight by my objective moves into charge range of the Storm Raven and does so, taking it out. in Combat the Dreadknight beats up on the Sang Guard for the loss of a wound, the Paladins kill another couple of Assault Marines for the loss of another wound. Nicks turn the second Storm Raven moves to get LOS to the Solodin as does so, but again he survives. The Death Company who have been jumping across the table get into charge range of the Dreadknight on Nicks side of the table, the Dreadknight smashes the 2 Sang Guard leaving Nick with just one scoring model left. The Dreadknight is then taken out. The 2 Paladins fluff there attacks and only kill 1 Assault marine for the loss of a Paladin.

The game goes on!

Turn6
The Dreadknight fails to get its charge 7" charge off on the Storm Raven, the lone Paladin puts a wound on Corbulo and then fails to force weapon him off, so he makes his 2+ FnP... the Paladin passes his saves. Nicks turn6 and the Storm Raven goes into flyer mode and shoots at the Solodin, who makes his saves yet again! The Death Company assault the last Paladin on his side of the table with the Death Company, again, the Paladin hits and wounds Corbulo, but fails the force weapon check, the Death Company then smash into combat and the Paladin makes all but the very last save! including an Inv save on an instant death wound...

I roll to see if the game goes on, but mercifully it doesn't!!

I have won, the Solodin is on my objective, Nick has his objective, I have firstblood and Warlord, Nick has Warlord. 4-3 win. Phew! We both fought each other into the ground, we both had one scoring model left on the table at the end, I only had 2 models left on the table (still a tenth of my army though lol)

A massive thank you for such a good game mate! I hope my brief BatRep did the game justice, I had a lot of fun with my back against the wall from turn2, my Paladins did me proud and I will miss using them for a while as I switch to Eldar.

Thanks to everyone who took part in the league again and I hope you take part in the next one

Congrats Rob, looked like a close fought and brutal encounter - a fitting end to the league!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Congrats Rob, sounds like a very tight game! Thanks for running the league as well Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Well done on winning Rob and thanks for going through all the hassle involved in running it!

I am ready for the second one, triptide for the win!! Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I am going to unsticky some of the league threads, i will sticky the new ones when they go live. Will leave the Feedback on sticky for now.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Ace finish to a league final. Props to both for getting so far.
Cheers guys! Smile