Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 League results
I bought an extra blocker after last night, and one of my trollslayers gained mighty blow, my second runner gained block and the dwarf blocker who scored a touchdown and caused two casualties gained dodge (!) after rolling a double.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(22-05-2013, 07:54 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I bought an extra blocker after last night, and one of my trollslayers gained mighty blow, my second runner gained block and the dwarf blocker who scored a touchdown and caused two casualties gained dodge (!) after rolling a double.

It won't help you. Your drawfs are going down!
(22-05-2013, 05:51 AM)Gareth Wrote: Entertaining scoreless draw with Rob last night. Lost a Skink for the next game, but with just 11 on the roster at the start of last nights game, I have managed to get to 140k, and recruited in a 7th Skink and my 6th Saurus. However no Skill ups, but I game one Saurus my MVP, meaning I can at least force through a Skill up next game (hoping some Skinks can pick up random SPP with some completeions and TD next game.)

After a great start vs Tom, the lack of TD in two games, really hurt my progress. Sad

Really fun game. Here is my write up.

The Saultek Slithers choose the kick vs. the Amazon delights from Black Valentine. The crowd where baying for blood and got behind the Cold blooded team. The Lizards look like they out muscled the ladies and proved the best chance of causing injury.

The Amazon's stuck to the play book. Tying up the muscled Saurus and the big guy Krox with line ladies and concentrating on the skinks. The ball was kicked high and Tulsa the Zon teams thrower got under the ball and was to use her superior strength to protect the ball. The opening Blitz! from Black Valentine went deep to a skink which was removed from the pitch KOed. The Amazon's knew the Skinks where the only method of ball control the lizards had and started on the long game.

The Lizards soon found an opening and the Blitz! came from a Saurus and it managed to KO Tusla as he freed the ball. The ball was dropped and taken back a number of times before the half time bell sounded. The ladies having a career first out numbered their scaled counter parts.

Second half.

The Amazon's kick is short and near the line of scrimage. As the ref blew the kick off whistle the crowd unhappy with the way Amazon's where beating up the lizard team and the fact that neather team was capable of scoring in the first half invaded the pitch. Two line ladies and two Zon Blitzers from the left flank where thrown to the ground and stompted on. The big guy Kroxigor was also stunned as he was downed by the crowd as he should have cuased more blood to spill.

A disastrous start. Fortunately the ball is far enough away that the opening can not be explotied on turn one. The Amazon's close the gap and try to stop the break away best the can. A Fast skink dodges his way towards the end zone unsupported and an amazon blitzer just recovered from the pitch invation managed to go for it to land a blow and free the ball. The Saurus are right behind the bashed Skint and a big mess of a brawl happens with posession always witth the lizards. A Saurus even managed to catch a bouncing ball before an all ladies team effort was rallied to take him down.

The result of the match was a hard fought no score draw,

My winnings 50K
I bought a blitzer to replace the one that has been walking with a limp since the choas match up. This leaves me with 60K in the bank. A completion on my thrower and the MVP pushed her to 16SSP and she rolled a regular skill and I will go with Block.

One Skink was hurt so much he will miss his next game so the Amazon's are going to claim the match up a moral victory!
just because yours are girls, don't think i'll be easy on them!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
My team have wandered off to sack a few towns for souls to offer upto the dark gods to appologise for their shocking defeat and poor performance against Tom's humans, 2-1 defeat and even worse they only managed to inflict a single casualty :-( . Should have been a sign that we'd lost the favour of the gods when double the fans turned upto to watch the humans. I rolled a 1 for winnings and Tom a 6 I believe, further proof I need to applease the Gods.
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
Woo hoo! First win for the Rapen Pillagers! Me: 3, Steve: 0. I really felt like Steve was in the same position I was in for the first two games: rolling nothing but pushes for the blocks and failing to beat armour when he did manage to knock me down. I was also really helped for the second touchdown by the fact that his troll knocked himself out, putting him out of action for the majority of the first half, and his thrower (with sure hands) failed (twice!) to pick up the ball, providing an opening. I know that feeling!

Re. skills, I rolled for one of my werewolves to get a normal skill and I think I might go with tackle. I also forgot when I was talking to Steve and Rob afterwards that my second runner scored twice in addition to breaking a Goblin's leg with his right butt cheek, so I will have to roll for him too.

Thanks for the great game Steve, I had fun, and sorry for killing Rachnok or whatever his name was.
oh dear, I got well and truly slaughtered!! As Keith said, I couldn't roll anything decent, infact, the only double 6 I threw was on the kick off table. I finished the first half with 2 casualties and 5 KO'd!! oh and 2-0 down. You know your in trouble when your relying on a goblin to rescue you. Twice !! I finished the game with only 4 players on the pitch, from a squad of 15 !! I don't think I have ever been beaten so soundly. my Goblin got a smashed hip, so has -1 to his MA, and I lost Grishak, a Blitzer, who was savagely beaten by a lineman and killed. "over to Bob with the latest" "He's Dead Jim" " Thanks Bob, and we will be right back after these messages from our sponsor"

Thanks for the game Keith, it was fun, really, and I might get my revenge later !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Fun against Steve. Nipped in on my 8th turn in the first half, for my one score. I then had to face one a whole drive against Steve having won a re-roll from my kick off, and sat 3 on Scrimmage and everyone else hiding on my base line.

Second half, saw me unable to get the ball forward fast enough, but I was content to take a win, and get as many injuries as I could. However when they came it was from the sidelines, and Steves numbers were never thin enough for the Skinks to break away.

1-0 Victory to the Soteks Slitherers.

Oh and sorry, but Steves Troll got block.

Results page got an update, tables as are.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
At last, I didn't get thrashed, but still lost!! 2 very similar teams, although the Skinks are more mobile. Didn't really get hold of the ball, and that was the main problem. My Star Thrower got another completion, that makes 5 in 3 games. My Troll bravely battled against a Kroxigor and multiple sauruses, and pretty much held his own, so I gave him the MVP, and threw a double. So I gave him block. Skaven next, so bring on the rats. Was a great game, had a lot of fun, and Gaz has a great pitch and very cool D6's. Although I still cant throw them any good !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Black Valentine (Rob - Amazon's) vs. Rapen Pillagers (Keith - North)

The Amazon's new pitch looked in great shape in what the northern tribes would call perfect blood bowl weather. Black Valentine gained the backing of the home crowd as the cheers for the ladies where loudest. The Norse won the toss and choose to receive. Black Valentine eager to start the game Blitzed! from the kick off and tired to take out a werewolf with the skill of tackling which could really hurt the team. It was a long shot but the blitzer with assistance took him down but he is too tough to stay down.

The horned and hairy northerners carried the ball forward and started the bash game. A line lady was smashed in the ovaries and looks like she will not play blood bowl again as her amour is crushed. The first lady to go to the injury box. Now out numbered Tulisa the Amazon's thrower orders the team together and continues on the same play. Take out the tackle werewolves. She blitzes herself and downs the beast but he is not out. The Valentine's manage to get a blitzers up to mark the ball carrying thrower to try to force an mistake and stop any break aways.

The Norse not paying attention to the ladies efforts continue to bash and the ball carring thrower Blitzs! free of the marker and runs the ball deeper into the Amazon's half. The ladies are very much on the back foot. The team fall back to what could be a disastrous start to the first half. Tulisa manages to get to the Norse thrower after some key Norse muscle is marked up and she smacks the ball free and it bounces luckily to Pippa a line lady who thought her job was to mark up the scary were wolf. She dodges free with the ball not sure of what to do with it or what the play should be. The Norse surround the team closing in only a few meters away from the Amazon's end zone. The pressure is on. The team clears markers away from Cheryl the zon catcher so she is free to catch but it leaves a difficult pass for Pippa, The plucky line lady nails the throw although the interception came close. Cheryl catches the ball on what looked like a fumble but was saved. She legs it into the Norse half and the rest of the team block the routes to stop her. Giving her a clear run to the first touch down turn 6.

1-0 Black Valentine

The Norse obviously annoyed with the humiliation of getting beat by some girls beats up on the team. The even team numbers on the pitch did not last long. A big scatter causes a kick back. A line man on the side line is granted the ball as both coaches are praised on their brilliant coaching. He moves into a position by going for it twice to allow a turn 8 equaliser. The werewolves uneffected by the Zon blitzers strategy manage to injure another line lady. The remaining Valentine ladies snap to the defence but fail the blitz to put the ball carrier down. They make a nasty gauntlet for the Norse line man if he does want to attempt the touch down. He is maked up twice on the side lines and a protected blitzer behind that.. He makes a play that most skilled war dances would take on. A blitz and fives dodges required and the elves in the crowd take note as the slippery lineman escapes the clutches of two blitzers and now needs to escape the last marking blitzer. He almost makes it but his ears are round and not pointy and the first half ends.

Half Time 1-0 Black Valentine

The second half 10 ladies received and the ball bounced further in the fine weather. The Black Valentine sticking to the team tactics blitzed a werewolf to try and get him off the pitch but to no avail. It was like he was clad in full plate mail and would not stay down. The Amazon coach wished he had a dirty player on the team. The Norse pressed the play constantly and the ball was slowly ran up the middle of the pitch by the Amazon's. Almost at the end zone with no rerolls the Valentine coach made a blunder and left the ball carrier blitzer Georgia in range of a Norse counter. Georgia is sacked and the ball is sprung free and the ball scatters between two Norse guarders. It looked as safe at it could be. Tulisa being direct as she always is used a linemans body to knock the ball which bounced to the end zone. Georgia who had ran the ball the length of the pitch before getting decked showed great determination and gets up, dodges out of a tackle zone onto the ball and scopes it up for the second touch down in the final seconds of the match.

Full time 2-0 Black Valentine and the Amazon's first win!

Completions Thrower Tulisa & Line Lady Pippa
Touch Downs Thrower Tulisa & Blitzer Georgia
MVP Line Lady Pippa to skill up. (Regular skill rolled but not chosen yet).

Suffered three Casualties in total
Two from the none tackle Werewolf which included an amour bust on a line lady Pixie lot. and one Cas from rhino face the Zerker..
Pixie has been eyed up for desk duties and is unlikely to see another game.
Gold 60K for me (4 rolled +1 fame +1 Winning) and was not re rolled :O) and 20K for the Norse who skilled up a lineman with his MVP and werewolve smashing my girls up.

Link to the place I ordered my custom board
www.ff-fields.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ff_fields/185261331525890