Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Malifaux Tournament
I have contacted four of the most prominate UK henchmen with regards to running a small scale "intro tournament." So far I have had feedback from two, all though I know one was at a Warhammer event over the weekend, and another is heavily pregnant at the moment, so not having heard from those two doesn't surprise me.

In order to run a successful tournament, you need to make it appealing to as many people as possible. I also need to consider the number of games, to be played, and the time the store is open. Also various people have more experience at Malifaux than others.

The most important thing, is that I can get in 3 games during a 6 hour window, with admin time, a lunch break, and other things. This means games will be down to a 85 minute window, including 10 minutes set up. From regards to my own experience, our club games do not often reach 6 turns, in 3 hours. My weekend game against Justin didn't go that fast, (mainly due to me forgetting what Colette does.) Malifaux is about the individual models, and what they uniquely do. It's a lot of information to process, and it takes time to play.

Another thing that has been commented is that at 35ss people are usually able to take what they want. So the idea is to drop the games to 30ss force people to think, about crew selection, as well as limiting the number of activations, and reduce game turn times.

Another thing is we play 35ss often. Reducing the total, means its something fresh for you too. Part of a tournament is making things different for the players.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen

Messages In This Thread
Possible Malifaux Tournament - by Gareth - 06-05-2012, 11:34 AM
RE: Possible Malifaux Tournament - by Gareth - 06-05-2012, 08:17 PM
RE: Possible Malifaux Tournament - by sprogmcjob - 06-05-2012, 10:14 PM
RE: Possible Malifaux Tournament - by stygmatyr - 07-05-2012, 01:23 AM
RE: Possible Malifaux Tournament - by Gareth - 07-05-2012, 07:11 AM