Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chain of Command
"I'm really sorry about your hat Mr Mainwaring"
"That's government property that you've destroyed Pike"
"Uncle Frank said I had to put the dynamite in something Mr Mainwaring"
"Stupid boy"

And with that the pier at Walmington on sea disappeared in a noisy cloudy explosion, with obviously, hilarious consequences.

Cue titles

"Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler?"

Dad's Army episode 1 "the Golf Course"

This time Paul and I were going to play using the Chain of Command rules.

Britain was invaded. The King and his family had relocated to Balmoral, the Government to Birmingham.
A desperate line of defence was hastily being constructed just south of London, hoping to stop the Germans advancing from the Kent coast.

Paul had devised an extremely interesting mini campaign.

The Germans needed to capture a large secure landing zone, to help land bigger equipment, and also to repair the pier, so that ships carrying armour could be unloaded. With these objectives in mind, Paul's German Falshirmjaeger platoon was moving to secure the local golf course, so that it could be used as a landing zone.
The course had the sea on one side and the river Stour on the opposite. A line of sand dunes lined the seaward side of the course.
The Germans quickly moved onto the course, 2 sections on their right, and the final section behind the sand dunes on their left.
The Home Guard then moved 1 section on my left, 1 in the centre, and 1 on the right.
The left opened up on the Germans opposite, killing one, so first blood to the British.
A regular section then moved up to support my left.
The Germans responded by opening up , but only managed to cause a couple of points of shock, basically they ducked their heads.
It was at this point that I forgot that that in Chain of Command, there is no max range to weapons, and a Home Guard section dashed out into the open, from the centre towards the right.
The Germans let rip again across the front, killing a couple on my left, and nearly half of the squad out in the open.
Captain Mainwaring came on to command my left flank, the Home Guard section firing, whilst the Regular Army section moved forward. The section caught in the open doubled up and got into cover on my right , where Sgt Wilson was waiting for them. The section on my tight flank moved into the dunes and fired on the Germans they found there. I then managed to bring my sniper forward and placed him on my left flank.
The Germans fired again, smashing into the Army section, and the home guard.
On the German left, the section moved down the dunes and fired at the Home Guard, killing a few.
The sniper fired, hit a target, but failed to cause any casualties.
The survivors of the army section, moved into cover behind a wall, firing as they did so.
On my right the section in the dunes, withdrew to cover behind the dunes, an MMG team setting up to cover them. They managed to fire before I had taken too many casualties, and my platoon withdrew, leaving the golf course to the Germans.

You have been watching.....
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers

Messages In This Thread
Chain of Command - by Noisysteve - 21-09-2016, 09:16 PM
RE: Chain of Command - by Agincourt - 22-09-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: Chain of Command - by Noisysteve - 23-09-2016, 02:40 PM
RE: Chain of Command - by Agincourt - 15-11-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: Chain of Command - by Noisysteve - 04-12-2016, 08:26 AM