Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zombicide Black Plague
This game is fighting zombies in a medieval fantasy setting.

We had 7 players, first thing to do was choose your survivor character. Paul choose Gilbert, and Ollie chooser Mortimer, both knights, with more than a passing resemblance to characters from Monty Pythons Holy Grail! Not to be outdone, Gaz choose Bob, a lookalike for Tim the sorcerer from the same film.
Ralph let out a squeak of delight as he spied Hitch, who looked suspiciously like the Goblin King from Labyrinth.
After someone remarked on a Xena warrior princess lookalike, Mick shouted, " she's mine, and so it came to pass.
Justin went for Scowl, as dark as his name suggested. Or maybe he's just grumpy?
I went for Silas a typical Elf bowman.

The scenario we played was to rescue 7 civilians , hiding from the zombie horde in a village, before the Necromancers took the village over.

It all started quiet enough, Paul failed to break a door ( 3 times! ). Eventually we got into the first building, rescued the civilian, and killed the 2 zombies hiding inside. No more zombies appeared, so we spread out and explored.
Then the Deadeyes arrived either end of the Main Street. These zombies carry bows, and they never miss, hence the name.
A little panic ensued, and in the best horror film tradition, we split up.
Paul, Gaz, Justin and myself had entered and exited an underground vault, surfacing in the other side of the village.
Ollie had managed to cross the street out of the sight of the Deadeyes. Ralph and Mick bravely (?) waited in a side alley to ambush the zombie archers.
This plan did actually work a treat, and while Mick and Ralph picked off archers, the rest of us picked up additional equipment.
Then the Wolfz appeared. zombie wolves! These move very fast. Ralph and Mick took some wounds, but stood their ground.
Then schoolboy error number 1. I got over excited and rescued another civilian which pushed my experience to the yellow level. Then all hell broke free.
Zombies appeared everywhere. More Deadeyes, more Wolfz, and 2 zombie abominations, 1 a Wolfalpha, and a giant Zombie rat!
Did I mention panic? Then schoolboy error number 2.
Justin broke down the door to the biggest building, and it was full of nasties. More Wolfzs, abominations , and Necromancers, and lots of walkers.
Ollie now stepped up and bravely stepped into the building intent of house clearing.
Unfortunately the dice Gods were not kind, and he was eaten by the undead horde.
It looked like the end , until a brilliant piece of teamwork ensued.
Attacks from Gaz, Paul and Justin, cleared a path so I could take out a Necromancer, and so buy us a little more time.
We then took out the big zombie rat. Gaz pushed a whole lot of zombies plus another Necromancer away from a spawn zone, and in a heroic move, Paul entered the building and cleared a whole room, then throwing Dragon bile into the room, with the new plan of setting the zombies on fire.
A brilliant , genius of a plan, with one tiny flaw. We ran out of time, as the Necromancers managed to get enough spawn points to take over the village and win the game.
Mistakes made, lessons learnt. Maybe. No plan survives contact with the enemy.
A return match is hopefully scheduled for July 12th, time will tell
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers

Messages In This Thread
Zombicide Black Plague - by Noisysteve - 15-06-2016, 09:12 PM
RE: Zombicide Black Plague - by Gareth - 15-06-2016, 09:27 PM
RE: Zombicide Black Plague - by Noisysteve - 16-06-2016, 05:15 PM
RE: Zombicide Black Plague - by Stuart - 15-06-2016, 11:10 PM
RE: Zombicide Black Plague - by Agincourt - 17-06-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: Zombicide Black Plague - by Noisysteve - 18-06-2016, 11:42 AM
RE: Zombicide Black Plague - by Noisysteve - 03-08-2016, 11:25 AM