Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign?
Stu, fine to use arnor and rohan mixed.

Regarding rules, I wa actually assuming we'd just use the older rules as I thought most people have those but won't neccessarily have the newer hobbit rules as it was far less popular.

I have both lotr sbg and the hobbit rules. TBH not a huge fan of the new weapon strikes from the hobbit rulebook that can be made mainly because they overcomplicate things I think. I would prefer to use the 'normal' (older) lotr rules just because I am more familiar with them but I honestly don't think it matters that much and if someone wants to use them as long as they explain what the changes are then that's fine, they seem like they are only very minor changes. I also don't want people to have to go out and buy a new rulebook if they own one version and not the other so it might be best just before each game to clarify which ruleset you're going to use. The older books are probably much cheaper on ebay. Personally I'd be happy to play someone using the new weapon strikes even if I'm not going to use them as they seem a bit meh anyway!

If anyone needs to see pts values for their troops in order to make a list I can take a pic of the relevant lists in Legions of Middle Earth and send it to you.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign? - by jaqenhgar - 19-02-2016, 06:58 PM