Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making basic terrain Tutorial
I've decide this ruin is going to have a section of flooring still attached to the wall, so i have shaped some card to fit the tallest wall section like so-
[Image: IMG_0257.jpg]
its best to measure this first otherwise you might end up with sections that won't fit.
What i have done next is put a nail (Young uns, this is the part mom or dad helps you with!) through the card to support the floor as the last thing you want is it collapsing after it has been built and destroying that model you spent weeks painting! It should look like this-
[Image: IMG_0258.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0259.jpg]
Once you are happy with the positioning and where the floor is going, apply plenty of PVA glue and fix into position on the wall, and PVA your wall section to your base like so-
[Image: IMG_0260.jpg]
Next up we are gonna add some effect to wall and put some rubble around the base of the ruined wall section.
this is again just from the corrugated card, Just cut it into random pieces that look kind of like sections of wall that have fallen down, kinda like this-
[Image: IMG_0261.jpg]
have a play around with the card and decide where you would like to put it, once you have finalised the position you want it in, apply the PVA and stick it down. You can also have a browse in the garden for some small stones and add them as well, i usually leave it till stage 2 though. it will look kinda like this then-
[Image: IMG_0263.jpg]
Repeat this process for all your 4 corners, i normally go for 2 big corners and 2 small corners, and put some more card around, making it look like so-
[Image: IMG_0264.jpg]
Its worth mentioning that if your wall sections move while you are waiting for them to dry, apply a bit of masking tape to the side to keep them in position, as you may have noticed i have done.
Which brings us to the end of stage 1! I would normally leave it a little less cluttered around the centre as this would be grassed normally in later stages, but am experimenting a bit on this piece.
Will update with stage 2 once the piece is dry!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven

Messages In This Thread
Making basic terrain Tutorial - by manrogue - 03-07-2011, 10:05 PM
RE: Making basic terrain Tutorial - by Gareth - 03-07-2011, 10:16 PM
RE: Making basic terrain Tutorial - by manrogue - 03-07-2011, 10:20 PM
RE: Making basic terrain Tutorial - by manrogue - 04-07-2011, 05:31 PM
RE: Making basic terrain Tutorial - by manrogue - 04-07-2011, 05:42 PM
RE: Making basic terrain Tutorial - by manrogue - 04-07-2011, 07:34 PM
RE: Making basic terrain Tutorial - by manrogue - 05-07-2011, 05:32 PM
RE: Making basic terrain Tutorial - by manrogue - 18-10-2012, 09:19 AM