Poll: Would you feel comfortable playing against a 30k forgeworld army. if i ran through rules and stats ect.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, would be happy to play in both escalation campaign and normal nights
85.71%
6 85.71%
Yes, but not for the campaign
14.29%
1 14.29%
Forgeworld is always OP, no way
0%
0 0%
Would have to have a good long look at the rules first
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Alpha legion has infiltrated this forum - Please remain calm
Hi all, Matt here. Some of you may have seen me last night bugging the 40k players. Just popped in to say hello and a big thanks to Vince, JJ, Peachy, Will, Tom and Chris for letting me loiter around and ask loads of questions. I will definately be back as i had a great time and learnt alot. Hopefully next time i will bring some minis and can actually play some.

On that kot and while i have you here (yes you!). The army i am building is aa forgeworld horus heresy era Alpha legion army. This is partly because they get some cool goodies (rayguns and contemptor dreadnoughts) but mainly due to the fact that the Alphas are great fluffwise but only now forgeworld have given them a proper ruleset.

My question is would anyone have any conerns/flat out refuse to play them. As far as what they are like i've been told they are expensive space marines (points wise) and they play like craftworld eldar in that every unit has a certain job to do with very little overlap.

If anyome wants to read the rules i will be there with them on tuesdays (excluding the 3rd) with them so anyone can browse them at their leisure. If i can figure out how i will drop a link to the pdf versions of the rules and my army list at 1000 points (so you can counter build vince) to let people make up their own minds.

I would be looking to bring this list to vince's 500 pts escalation campaign (with additions ofcourse) so im gonna try and put a poll on this thread to see if anyone would have a problem with this. Will also be linking this thread from the campaign forum.

Once again thanks to those mentioned above. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Hydra Dominatus

Matt

Messages In This Thread
The Alpha legion has infiltrated this forum - Please remain calm - by Alpharius - 28-01-2015, 07:51 AM