Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might be interested in trying Fantasy
Hi guys

Took a quick look at some of the WFB games going on at the last meet and decided I might be up for having a go at it again some time this year.

Although I've mostly been in to 40K in the past I've kind of lost interest recently what with all the large vehicles and ever-increasingly-powerful units being released, it just doesn't do it for me, I preferred the skirmish feel of the older editions (still like the lore and books though).

Anyway, historically I never really got in to Fantasy, even when I worked at GW I was among a minority of staff who didn't actually know the rules to one of the core games very well LOL Rolleyes Way back in my teens I did collect Undead, but in Man O' War and Blood Bowl I had Dark Elves and I think that really these guys are more my thing.

So, what sort of points value makes a useable army for a club night? Funds are limited for spending on toy soldiers so I don't want millions of troops and I'm unlikely to collect a giant army, but prices of WFB minis seem more reasonable compared to 40K minis. I do have some plastic Dark Elf spearmen and crossbowmen from the previous edition of the game, but these may be out of date? I have some older style Dark Riders too and a metal sorceress model still in the blister. Any use?

thanks

Graham
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!

Messages In This Thread
Might be interested in trying Fantasy - by GreyKnight - 03-05-2014, 07:33 AM