Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May
I like the idea of a campaign over tournaments and the battles part of a bigger story.

I agree with the new rules you need more communication when arranging games even its just agreeing whether to use unbound or battle hardened. I've experienced games similar to unbound when you used to only have percentage limits on each unit group like still exists in fantasy. I many versions of 40k ago used to field a marine army with 7 devastator squads with armoured support. Sat back on overwatch and just wiped out so many armies as soon as they tried to do anything. now a days because of the minimum 6 troop and 3 HQ choices it would take to just field the dev's it would be such a large points cost that id expect my opponent to send a lord of battle or 3 at me lol .

A great example of playing to win rather than following fluff was when a high elf opponent of mine had it pointed out the 25% he could spend on support options meant he could filed over 10 repeater bolt throwers and so went round borrowing any he could find. would have been lethal to play against if he hadnt put them all on the same hill so i dealt with them in one turn with dropping a terror causing greater daemon into the middle of them .
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May - by jimbobabob - 30-05-2014, 07:18 PM