Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GW 'Warrior's Code' for Tournaments and Plastic Thunderhawk/Sisters
Vince, that has been in place in all of their events for years. All they have done now, is tidy it up into one document, rather than copy everything into every event pack that they do from now on. Much easier to publish one document, and in a ToS rules pack put, see warriors code, rather than have everything in text format. It even means should they wish to, they can make it easier for changes to be noted, similar to the FAQ updates, where they highlight latest changes, i.e. warriors code v2.x etc. I know the vast majority of it was in place when Alan and myself attended the Battlefield event. The only things of note for myself, is them asking you to build a whole model, rather than try to be cheap (and quite a few tournaments would have an issue with the skeleton example, although the other two listed I think independents wouldn't,) and from the WFB side, they stipulated how much a unit filler can fill. If they really wanted to grab the cash, it would have been far more effective to ban them outright, and force you to buy more models. I genuinely applaud the document, as have most of the WFB event scene, for making it quite clear.

As for you issue about conversions, I can partly understand your fear. But look at the examples they have given. Each one again is where there is no initial basis of the original model. The obvious fear, is that there is an effort to deceive your opponent, by making something that in no way resembles what they are actually facing. And if you read their reasoning that's exactly what they state. The example about the White Scar / Dark Eldar, whilst a "converted force," it was a Proxy Force, which had been banned for years. So I would think the guy an idiot for taking it in the first place.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen

Messages In This Thread
RE: GW 'Warrior's Code' for Tournaments and Plastic Thunderhawk/Sisters - by Gareth - 14-11-2013, 11:27 PM