Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GW 'Warrior's Code' for Tournaments and Plastic Thunderhawk/Sisters
Seeing as the only Warhammer world host official tournaments now, not massively relevant but worth knowing if anyone does intend to attend one.

Left the Thunderhawk/sisters rumour in it as part of the same thing (but i'll believe when i see it on them)-

Quote: Denzark on the Bols Lounge wrote:
Just back from my latest foray into the GW tournament, Throne of Skulls. I thought you might like some information on the meta there, things I saw over the weekend, and a few rumours etc

Rules
GW yellow staff were being quite tight in areas. There is a new 'Warrior's Code' coming in for 2014, but they seem to apply them from this weekend. This included:

All painted Armies. Now, GW state they will not apply a '3 colour standard' because this is open to abuse. They picked up on someone with a very basic paint scheme that was supposed to be white scar bikers that seemed to be a white primer, a wash and some boltgun metal on the bike engines.

No proxies. This is subject to interpretation, but they seem to enforce it based on 'if it has a model is must be used' and conversions must be pre-approved if heavy and not blatantly obvious what the mini is. One fellow who fell foul had an immaculately painted army with Dark angel minis, but painted as White Scars. Even though it had conversions like landspeeders with twin lascannons for preds, he was made to re-write the list as a White Scars list. So the big ugly speeder was a LR etc. I thought this was quite harsh.

Others included me being asked why my drop pod doors were glued shut - ummm because I don't like them flapping around, I can't be arsed to paint the insides and also because i was not aware the rules said a vehicle's doors must be modelled to open?

Rumours
These were picked up from attendees not any GW staff. I cannot comment on the provenance. But, 2 main ones. Firstly, plastic T-Hawk is designed. However it currently takes 7 sprues. Apparently the problem is that the big boy kit machine can only do 6 at a time. So the sprues need rehashing to try and cram it all in to make it economical. (I know, I know...) The other is that plastic Sisters are done. The timing of the new codex is an attempt to whittle down some apparently high stocks of current metal.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cust...e_V1.2.pdf
The Warrior's Code is partially true although not in the way he presents it (No counts-as isn't true, specific paint for specific chapters isn't there, and it appears to be only for WW)

Quote:From Larry Vela, re: Thunderhawk:
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2013/11/4...-more.html

Then stuff like this started to show up from multiple sources:

-Plastic Thunderhawk - 2014
-Not an exact duplication of Forgeworld's kit due to the need to streamline for a limited number of sprues and boxing size limitations.
-Additional weapon hardpoints and weapon options compared to the Forgeworld kit. Look for weapon hardpoints and options from other Space Marine flyer kits for clues.
-Multiple T-Hawk sub-variants can be built from the kit. ~editor's note: Forgeworld only offers the "standard" and "transport" versions, unless this is referring to things like Marine, Grey Knight, Inquisition, CSM variants...The Thunderhawk and other(s) plastic Apocalypse kit will be the featured new models in the 2014 Apocalypse Supplement.

Now if there is something that the 40K community treats like an urban legend it's any talk of the semi-legendary plastic Thunderhawk. Like Nessie, Bigfoot and UFOs, we all want to believe. There have been second hand accounts over the years, always just out of touch... But this is the highest concentration and most specific chatter we've heard so far.

We rate these rumors as follows:
Apocalypse Stuff: Probable coming from multiple known sources
Thunderhawk Stuff: Possible coming from multiple sources, but it involves the words "Thunderhawk" and "Plastic" so we rolled it back one notch...

I can't even imagine what it will cost... Have at it.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven

Messages In This Thread
GW 'Warrior's Code' for Tournaments and Plastic Thunderhawk/Sisters - by manrogue - 14-11-2013, 11:35 AM