Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games Workshop Financials for 2012-2013
I agree with most of what he says, except that their staff support sucks. They recruit people for their attitude, which is great, but then they totally fail to realise that attitude MUST be backed up by skills otherwise the employee will be unable to provide that which the company wants (and I've been on the receiving end of GW staff training). As we see on a regular basis, failure at GW is rewarded by you being sacked. They don't train people properly and they don't support struggling individuals, they just line them up against a wall and shoot them in the head, before hiring the next batch of oblivious cannon fodder.

I personally don't think GW will last in its current form beyond 2020. Not because I think miniature gaming is dying out, far from it, but GW are pitching themselves in to a price territory where eventually the customer base will simply be unable to afford the products any more and the business will wither away.

(I should mention, I wasn't sacked, I just left because I wanted a real job. I also wanted a job where you don't get some "manager" with the mental age of a ten year old thinking you are somehow his bitch).
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games Workshop Financials for 2012-2013 - by GreyKnight - 23-08-2013, 11:42 PM