Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutlass!
Learnt a very valuable lesson against Luke, don't give a level one guy your only Musket, as he keeps missing !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
(02-11-2011, 11:39 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: Maybe you can't shoot as a reaction, as you need to prime the pistol before firing?

I have been thinking about this a little...

When I was a little bit younger (than I still am now) I used to do some live-role-play events. This culminated in joining an LRP Pirating group - The Freebooters Association. We had about 40 members and lots of swashbuckling fun was had by all. Anyway, point is we were mainly armed with cutlass and pistols, one or two had muskets.

Now, when you got shot at, I can tell you that in practice the first thing you did was duck and dive for cover. Then you worked out where the danger was coming from, then you took counter-action. So for me at least in 'reality' (!!!) it does make some sense.

History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
After playing Cutlass for the last three weeks the rules are finally starting to sink in (these thngs take a while at my age). While this evening's defeat at the hands of the Teddy Bear Pirates is still fresh, and in advance of the MiniCon rehearsal this coming Saturday, I think I'd better knock up some crib sheets to aid fluency in areas such as modifiers.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Has anyone seen the latest Wargames Illustrated? They had a great article about 4 player SAGA. They had a card system to determine whom fought with whom each turn. Was thinking this would be good for a Cutlass multi player game. At the start of the game each player is dealt a playing card. All the red cards are allies, and all the black. Each player then has a card of each colour. At the end of each turn , all the players choose one colour and place the card face down, revealing whoose side they are on at the same time. 2 v 2 or 3 v 1? if all on the same side , game ends as peace has broken out !!
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
Malifaux - Gremlins
I think the D20 dice thing works quite well.

What I'd change for the next participation game, is probably get rid of the rosters completely.

Every character has the same stats, except the leaders. Maybe give them an extra bonus on com, or con.

In the end we're probably angling towards our own set of fast play piracy participation rules.

Si

Might be worth having a quick look at Flashing Steel from Ganesha Games - another title based on the Song of Blades and Heroes mechanics.

http://www.ganeshagames.net/product_info...cts_id=113
Yeah the D20 does, was thinking more of a multiplayer campaign game, your allied protected flank, suddenly becomes a second front line !!
Malifaux - Gremlins
Just posted up on the Black Scorpion Facebook page...

Quote:Did you know... Cutlass is now available as a FREE PDF download? It has an updated preface to allow you try the Tombstone action point system. One day we will likely update and re release a printed version in line with the new Tombstone book. Even if you don't play this type of skirmish game there are some great resources and tokens/markers at the back that can be useful for a wide range of games! Enjoy!

File at https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhcqo2mbfm1v6n...y.pdf?dl=0