Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Last Kingdom
Video 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/lastkingdom

T.V. adaptation of Bernard Cornwell's Saxon-era book series kicks off on BBC2 on October 22nd.

Quote:Set in the year 872, when many of the separate kingdoms of what we now know as England have fallen to the invading Vikings, the great kingdom of Wessex has been left standing alone and defiant under the command of King Alfred the Great.

Against this turbulent backdrop lives our hero, Uhtred. Born the son of a Saxon nobleman, he is orphaned by the Vikings and then kidnapped and raised as one of their own. Forced to choose between the country of his birth and the people of his upbringing, his loyalties are ever tested. What is he - Saxon or Viking? On a quest to claim his birthright, Uhtred must tread a dangerous path between both sides if he is to play his part in the birth of a new nation and, ultimately, seek to recapture his ancestral lands.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Cool, thanks for posting Stu, will be watching this
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
A colleague of mine is a big fan of the books. I've got the first one kicking around somewhere, but yet to read.
(09-10-2015, 06:14 PM)Stuart Wrote: A colleague of mine is a big fan of the books. I've got the first one kicking around somewhere, but yet to read.

Yes I have just about everything Bernard Cornwell has written too.

It's a great series and still expanding. I will be interested to see what they've done with it... Can't wait!!!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(13-10-2015, 02:51 PM)Agincourt Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 06:14 PM)Stuart Wrote: A colleague of mine is a big fan of the books. I've got the first one kicking around somewhere, but yet to read.

It's a great series and still expanding. I will be interested to see what they've done with it... Can't wait!!!

I've not read the books, but the TV series has been VERY good.

What are your thoughts?

(23-11-2015, 06:44 PM)Embolden Wrote:
(13-10-2015, 02:51 PM)Agincourt Wrote:

I've not read the books, but the TV series has been VERY good.

What are your thoughts?

I have enjoyed it so far. Dramatisation usually a bit different to reading the books, but so far very enjoyable and close enough. They have got the characters off very well. Would like to see a bit more wider battle scene. Hoping they go on to do the next couple books.
I have some catching up to do on this - only seen the first episode so far. A colleague of mine who is a big fan of the books echoes Paul's view on the battle scenes in that they don't really live up to the scale depicted in the book (admittedly hard to do on the BBC's budget). Seems pretty good from what I've seen so far though, and it's inspired my wife to start reading the first book in the series.
They are currently sat hogging hard drive space, and probably will do until the New Year. On a scale of 1-10, if I need the space how disappointed would I be if I had to delete these?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(30-11-2015, 10:54 AM)Gareth Wrote: They are currently sat hogging hard drive space, and probably will do until the New Year. On a scale of 1-10, if I need the space how disappointed would I be if I had to delete these?

I know a few folk who had not been watching them, have since, with prodding, had a look and now thing it's good... Keep em...