Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 season.
There's no reason to reset the teams just to allow other new teams in. By the end of the season teams will have played less than ten matches , it's hardly going to have them stupidly harder than other teams. The main thing i love about an on going league is that your team can progress and don't forget as the second worst performing team I have a lot more to gain than others by the reset.

as for my opinion on the structure, I don't think the two league system has any impact other than affect how many times we play certain players, unless the number of entrants increase hugely for next season I see no reason not to drop it down to just one league.

Also i think ben (mooglemania) will be interested in joining since he recently got some skaven team models off me
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
Ok this is what I am currently thinking.

Existing Teams - Can be retired at coaches discretion, allowing coaches to switch to a new team as the see fit. However non-retired teams are playable in a maximum of X seasons (considering 3 or 4, comments are welcome,) before the players aged beyone reasonable utility, and the team disbands.

Format - Seems popular from those that have commented. Would be interesting to hear from the rest, and any potential new players. As it is, I guess we'll be looking at numbers of players/teams and modify current structure to fit.

Games - Game commitment seems popular. With format restructuring to fit 10 game /play off season. Possibly start league a little earlier in year (seeing as we have now got it off the ground,) to run more or less through all of 2014, and fit in any increase in games.

New teams - Welcome, from new and existing coaches. Possible long term issues with very experienced teams, hence suggesting a season cap on teams.

What are people's views on a team being forced to retire after a number of seasons. Is this popular or not, and what number of seasons do people view would be right, to impose forced retirement?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Could we have players retire if they hit a certain SSP instead? Then it would be like players retiring! Just an idea. Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(01-09-2013, 08:29 PM)manrogue Wrote: Could we have players retire if they hit a certain SSP instead? Then it would be like players retiring! Just an idea. Tongue

One I hadn't even considered. Very interesting, I could have a plan for that, if its what folks like. Something like a Improvement rolls made + dice roll = x for retirement, before a season starts.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I like that idea!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Star Player aging has been used else where. I think it is something like when you hit star player 51 ssp or something you roll on an aging table. The idea being as the player learns more and gets older he losses some of his youthful vigor.

2D6 and if you get 9+ you lose MA, St, AG etc.
Have just managed to get a new team.

Can you sign me up for the season and a few per-season games.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
I think an aging system for players is a lot more fun and fair rather than flat out forced retirement, shouldn't be too hard to come up with a random table including stat loss, niggling injuries or even the gaining of some of the negative skills like loner or really stupid . maybe roll on it each quarter of the season plus any time they get injured maybe .
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
I have played the legendary edition of blood bowl on pc, and figured out rudimentary rules etc.

I'd be interested in finding out about how this actually plays from some people that actually know what to do.

Can't say as I have a play-style as I usually base what I play in order of preference: a) Gender b) Rodent-ness c) Shambling units
OK guys what do we think of player retirement. Post season, 2D6 + Improvements > 14 = Retiring player . Means no player on 1 improvement can retire, but 2 means a possibility, and obviously the more increases possibility. Roll being made at the end of every season, so its a one off roll, before 2014, and anyone changing sides doesn't have to worry at all.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen