Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (8th edition) - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy and Sci-Fi Miniature Gaming (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Warhammer 40K (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (8th edition) (/showthread.php?tid=3333)

Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (8th edition) - jjakaalbinoboy - 16-04-2018

Warhammer 40K FAQ

RE: Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (8th edition) - Delmerius - 16-04-2018

(16-04-2018, 07:18 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Warhammer 40K FAQ

Gonna need an efficient filing system to keep up with these changes!  Like the Matched Play changes though and +5 CP for a Battalion

RE: Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (8th edition) - Russell - 17-04-2018

Do we have a club stance on the Beta Rules? (This has come up previously with the character rule from Chapter Approved

RE: Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (8th edition) - Simian - 17-04-2018

not a fan of the deep strike changes, but that's because my nurgle army is built around it. as its beta im happy to ignore till it becomes fact (if it does, so far they're 50/50 for changes coming in as per beta).

rest of teh changes im ok with barring the charging up a building restriction. as an army that has no shooting if an enemy unit occupies the full space on a ruin or building i can no longer charge them....even if i have the fly keyword i cant. that seems daft

RE: Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (8th edition) - will - 17-04-2018

(17-04-2018, 11:17 AM)Simian Wrote: not a fan of the deep strike changes, but that's because my nurgle army is built around it. as its beta im happy to ignore till it becomes fact (if it does, so far they're 50/50 for changes coming in as per beta).

rest of teh changes im ok with barring the charging up a building restriction. as an army that has no shooting if an enemy unit occupies the full space on a ruin or building i can no longer charge them....even if i have the fly keyword i cant. that seems daft
I think the deep strike changes are okay. Now pretty much the same as every previous edition except you can bring some stuff down into your deployment zone if required to stop being tabled. Need to play some games and find out how much of a difference they make.

And I agree with the unit on a building being unchargable if it takes up all the space being a silly rule. Should just be if you have enough charge range you make the charge and count as being within 1' of the unit even if you can't be placed on the same level. Otherwise I can just make all my raiders immune to CC by placing them on ruins and crates orientated so no one can be within 1' of the hull.

RE: Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (8th edition) - Agent0range - 22-04-2018

I think that's the key thing, even if they're beta they do need testing to see the difference it makes in reality.

My vote is let everything ride, beta and all.

RE: Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (8th edition) - wako1302 - 22-04-2018

I agree we should use all beta rules and new points values.

Could you use the wobbly model rule when charging a building?

RE: Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (8th edition) - Simian - 23-04-2018

(22-04-2018, 11:52 AM)wako1302 Wrote: I agree we should use all beta rules and new points values.

Previously, yes, now no.

RE: Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (8th edition) - wako1302 - 24-04-2018

(23-04-2018, 05:56 PM)Simian Wrote:
(22-04-2018, 11:52 AM)wako1302 Wrote: I agree we should use all beta rules and new points values.

Previously, yes, now no.

It seems that my Biovores will be targeting occupied buildings to create a bit of space with their Mortal Damage attacks or Spore Mines.

Buildings now seem to be making some units a bit OP.

RE: Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (8th edition) - Simian - 24-04-2018

(24-04-2018, 01:34 PM)wako1302 Wrote:
(23-04-2018, 05:56 PM)Simian Wrote:

Previously, yes, now no.

It seems that my Biovores will be targeting occupied buildings to create a bit of space with their Mortal Damage attacks or Spore Mines.

Buildings now seem to be making some units a bit OP.

big issue for me is i have 1 psyker, and 1 gun in my nurgle army.....rest is all melee, if an element of an army occupies a building and takes out those two, i cant touch them at all. obviously you cant fit everything into it and from a maelstrom perspective youre unlikely to win, but if its say a long fang unit or anything else powerful with range they can be invulnerable and cause a lot of damage