Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Alan's Hobby Log - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: The Hobby (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Personal Hobby Logs (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Alan's Hobby Log (/showthread.php?tid=2064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - jaqenhgar - 21-02-2015

Love the paint job on those space wolves!

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - jjakaalbinoboy - 22-02-2015

These look awesome, love the plasma! How many guard tanks you got??

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Stuart - 22-02-2015

That's some very nice work there!

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Agent0range - 23-02-2015

(22-02-2015, 12:27 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: These look awesome, love the plasma! How many guard tanks you got??

Thanks for the feedback Smile

I've got the four painted lemans shown there, another Pask Punisher Leman that's basecoated, two Wyverns that are basecoated, and then 5x Chimeras (painted), a Manticore (painted), magnetised Hellhound (painted) and a Griffon (painted). So about 15 tracked vehicles Smile

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Dedwoods42 - 24-02-2015

Incredible work all round. Can't wait to see some of it on the tabletop!

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Agent0range - 22-03-2015

Well it's been a while since I've been able to do much, with the show I was in at the Redditch theatre, and Ofsted at work. It's been a busy month!

I've finally managed to finish my Helbrute Mayhem Pack Smile

[Image: 2hpj3uo.jpg]

[Image: radph1.jpg]

Also, looking for some feedback on a test guardsman I've painted. I've been having a think about my AM army recently, and quite fancy making a big blob squad packed with lascannons and an Inquisitor or Coteaz to mix it up. This guy took me maybe an hour to paint, and I never used to be a fan of the Cadian guardsmen, but they're really fun to paint. Very simple, big areas of colour and you can get good results quickly with them.

I wanted something that fitted with my existing Steel Legion troops (about 4 vet squads), so went for a similar "French" WW1 style blue on them. Any C&C would be most welcome.

[Image: 344xqfa.jpg]

[Image: 2eq7tyg.jpg]

[Image: 2guhbfm.jpg]

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - manrogue - 22-03-2015

Looking very nice, loving the detail on the cadians face!

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Stuart - 22-03-2015

Yeah, liking those Cadians a lot.

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Dedwoods42 - 23-03-2015

Loving the Brutes. Knights shall tremble before three multi-meltas... Especially as a murder pack!

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Agent0range - 11-04-2015

Just finished about a third of my platoon.....about one squad and a fireball platoon command squad (the four flamers) that will be heroically jumping out the back of the vendetta.

It took me a good couple of days to get this number of models done, and I think 14 figures is probably a bit too large a batch so I might keep my batches to 5-8 or something. Painting 14 boots, then 14 tunics, then 14 sets of helmets and body armour gets a bit tedious. The rest of the platoon can be seen in the background. I'm going for a 30 man platoon with lascannons to start off with, but I expect I'll end up with 40-50.

[Image: 33ermvq.jpg]