Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy and Sci-Fi Miniature Gaming (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Warhammer 40K (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Embolden - 18-02-2013

Nick you can borrow my wolve codex mate no worries

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - The Count - 18-02-2013

Rob

Management is still away. I can come over this evening but thats my only window of opportunity. Nick, I am free tomorrow morning (Tuesday) if you wanted to also experience the awesomeness of Vanguard Vets?

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Nick1988 - 18-02-2013

Cheers rob! Smile

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Simian - 18-02-2013

Finally have a ruling on the contemptors.

They do not get skyfire and interceptor in the opponents turn.

that's despite this guys passage on why they should get it. (i was convinced)

Quote:To me it seems people are jumping to conclusions and isolating parts of the rule rather than referring to the whole rule. The wording is simple, if the Mortis Contemptor remains stationary in the movement phase it gains Skyfire and Interceptor for that turn. I think everyone agrees that "turn" means player turn, however why are people discounting the opponents movement phase. Just as with assault based abilities there is an assault phase in each player turn, likewise, there is a movement phase in each player turn. There is no mention of "its own movement phase" or similar in the rule. The rule should then mean that if you remain stationery in either player turn you will gain Skyfire and Interceptor for that player turn. What this means is that in your opponents turn if you don't move in their movement phase, which unless you are tank shocked or something, is not possible you will always gain both rules. In your own turn you cannot move towards flyers and still shoot with normal BS. In terms of the imagery of it, I see it as the Contemptor standing still braced ready to fire means he can shoot at flyers, when he is on the move he cannot do so.

and note the latest FAQ's will be used!

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - The Count - 18-02-2013

Just to clarify, I just checked the FAQ and asked a couple of people. It is clear that you DO have to nominate combat detachments when allocating reserves. So 10 Vanguard Vets would be split at deployment, rolled for seperately for both Red Thirst AND arrival.

Might affect your list selection perhaps Ben.

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Sincilbanks - 19-02-2013

Nope, don't think it will mate. Interested to see the bit of the FAQ that has that in it...

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Embolden - 19-02-2013

Did well on the painting front last night all the infantry are now finished, only 6 hulls and 2 Dreadnoughts to go!

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - The Count - 19-02-2013

"[undefined=undefined]You must decide which units are splitting into combat squads,
and which models go into each combat squad, immediately
before deployment. A unit split into combat squads therefore
is now two separate units for all game purposes including
calculating the total number of units in the army, [undefined=undefined]and the
number of units you can place in reserve[/undefined]. Then proceed with
deployment as normal. Note that two combat squads split from
the same unit can embark in the same transport vehicle,
providing its transport capacity allows.[/undefined]"

To be fair that does seem clear. Am I reading it wrong?

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Sincilbanks - 19-02-2013

Nope I think you're reading that bit right, however I came to my decision based on the Reserves rules in the book, page 124.

"When deploying their armies players can choose not to deploy up to half their units (rounding up) keeping them as reserves to arrive later."

Which, to me, says units in reserve do not count as deployed. There's a further explanation of the limits of what can stay in reserve but above is the bit I'm using to decide that units in reserve do not count as deployed, allowing you to combat squad them after the reserve roll has been met and you "deploy" them on the table. From that I deduce that units bought as 10's have to stay together in reserve and take a single red thirst and reserve roll. You can't decide to split units into combat squads in reserve because you "must decide which units are splitting into combat squads immediately before deployment" from the FAQ.

I might be wrong but, to me, that's the only interpretation which means the FAQ and the reserve rules are consistent with each other.

It is also, once again in my opinion, completely in line with the FAQ relating to combat squadding units that come out of a drop pod, you choose to combat squad when they deploy out of the DP.

As for the vehicle bit, I think that means you can put your rhino on the table from reserve and then tell your opponent "I have combat squadded this unit in the rhino, squad 1 has this and suqad 2 has this

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - The Count - 19-02-2013

OK I will put a question in the warhammer forum.

Have all you B Brum players got a game tonight? I could take time off work and come if I had a game?