Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Subs Increase from January 2013 - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: The Society (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Club Matters (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Subs Increase from January 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1242)

Subs Increase from January 2013 - Stuart - 11-12-2012

After much discussion the committee has voted to take the bold decision to increase adult meetings subs from £2 to £3 from January.

The motivation behind this decision is not to fund a retirement plan in the Maldives, but rather to allow the club to invest in additional gaming space by renting the small hall and to purchase further gaming resources such as scenery and perhaps the beginnings of a library of rulebooks. Things have been getting a little cosy in the hall recently and we're still drawing in new members, so with the extra funds we can leverage this momentum and take the club to dizzying new heights.

Hopefully you'll agree that this still offers good value for money at around £1/hour, and I think still makes us cheaper than the vast majority of clubs out there.

No change for child prices, and the increase in adult subs will apply from January 8th onwards.

RE: Subs Increase from January 2013 - Simian - 11-12-2012

As a new member my opinion wont carry much weight but it seems reasonable to me. £3 is not much.

RE: Subs Increase from January 2013 - Stuart - 11-12-2012

Cheers Ben - all opinions valued! Smile

RE: Subs Increase from January 2013 - Embolden - 11-12-2012

BOOOOOOO!!! Angry

LOL - no worries, TBH £3 is still a very good price! And anything that helps the club, in my eyes at least, can only be good thing!

RE: Subs Increase from January 2013 - jimbobabob - 11-12-2012

I used to pay that for my old club many years ago so its perfectly resonable, as an idea is it worth looking at some sort of paid membership that gives someone a a discount on entry fee but will also help raise funds for the club? Giving out a club memebership card then helps with shops that offer discounts to members and other benefits could be thought up possibly .

RE: Subs Increase from January 2013 - Sincilbanks - 11-12-2012

Next to the cost of the gas to get me to the club and back the extra quid is nothing..thumbs up all round from me.. Smile

RE: Subs Increase from January 2013 - jjakaalbinoboy - 11-12-2012

(11-12-2012, 12:41 PM)Sincilbanks Wrote: Next to the cost of the gas to get me to the club and back the extra quid is nothing..thumbs up all round from me.. Smile

Yeah, I'm with Ben, the £1 is nothing next to the fuel cost from Strat/Evesham etc.

Rob... SHHH LOL

RE: Subs Increase from January 2013 - Noisysteve - 14-12-2012

I can understand the reasons, sounds reasonable to me

RE: Subs Increase from January 2013 - Nick1988 - 14-12-2012

More than happy to pay it Smile £3 is still cheaper than a beer and a burger, also much more fun Smile

RE: Subs Increase from January 2013 - Raowulf - 16-12-2012

These things need doing occasionally, oh well. Ditto on the travelling costs. Does anyone else travel in from my direction (Solihull)?