Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
40% off Space Marine Stormtalons at Total Wargamer - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: The Society (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Supplies & Marketplace (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: 40% off Space Marine Stormtalons at Total Wargamer (/showthread.php?tid=1048)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

40% off Space Marine Stormtalons at Total Wargamer - Stuart - 04-09-2012

As mentioned to Tom W and JJ this evening, Total Wargamer are clearing out some stock and currently offering the Stormtalon at £16.50 + P&P.

http://www.totalwargamer.co.uk/space-marine-stormtalon-gunship.html

RE: 40% off Space Marine Stormtalons at Total Wargamer - jjakaalbinoboy - 06-09-2012

Shame its not Stormravens else I may have grabbed one!

RE: 40% off Space Marine Stormtalons at Total Wargamer - Stuart - 06-09-2012

Looks like they're back up to £22 now.

RE: 40% off Space Marine Stormtalons at Total Wargamer - The Count - 12-10-2012

Does anyone have any contact with Total Wargamer? Not withstanding the fact I have paid good money for figures and not even heard if the order is being processed after two weeks, they are being slaughtered on the Warhammer Forum website.

It seems like an excellent place having popped down, but that was on a Sunday. I live a good distance from Evesham and would rather not have to travel down.

Either way their reputation is going down the pan so it may be in their best interests to sort their communication out!

Cheers

matt

PS - I am a real fan of indies and only wish them the best, but customer service is EVERYTHING.

RE: 40% off Space Marine Stormtalons at Total Wargamer - totalwargamer - 14-10-2012

Hello All (The Count)

It's been a tough summer in the independent wargames industry.

With a major player going under and discounting heavily in their effort to keep going it has impacted us all. Having to try to compete with a retailer that has nothing to lose by discounting down cost is not easy, people may have noticed some shops have left online retail already.

We've been working flat out to try to keep on top if comms during this period but it has proved very difficult. Two of us (Paul & Sarah) have been working 7 days per week and up to 14 hours per day to stay on top of this but it still hasn't been enough.

Personally, we are beginning to catch up now as things are beginning to normalise slightly - although I feel the industry won't settle down fully until after Christmas.

The Count - PM us and we'll investigate your issue. Alternatively just email us at sales@totalwargamer.co.uk - we're answering emails in approx 24 hours at the moment.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

RE: 40% off Space Marine Stormtalons at Total Wargamer - jimbobabob - 14-10-2012

I had a similar problem but unlike you I managed to get to the shop and they did resolve it there and then to my satisfaction but I'll agree is the lack of communication that annoyed me more than the actual lateness of the order.

RE: 40% off Space Marine Stormtalons at Total Wargamer - Embolden - 16-10-2012

I too have had delays, but I understand, the products got to me correctly, which is more important than rushing an order and getting it wrong. Keep up the great work TW!

RE: 40% off Space Marine Stormtalons at Total Wargamer - jimbobabob - 19-10-2012

The delay isn't the problem its the lack of communication to either inform of delay or reply to inquiries about why order is late, I spent over 3 weeks and 3 different ways of contacting them before I had to arrange someone to give me a lift to ask in person.

RE: 40% off Space Marine Stormtalons at Total Wargamer - Sincilbanks - 24-10-2012

And here's another example:
Dear Ben,
The payment for your order has been processed successfully. We will e-mail you when your item is on it's way to you or if it's status changes for any reason.
Invoice:
Returns: Total Wargamer, Cadbury Courtyard, WR11 7RE
Total Wargamer
Total Wargamer, Cadbury Courtyard, Blackminster Business Park
Blackminster, Evesham, Worcestershire WR11 7RE
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Phone: 01386 513013
Web site: http://www.totalwargamer.co.uk
E-mail: sales@totalwargamer.co.uk
Order: #28845
Date: 25.9.2012, 19:15
Payment method: PayPal
Shipping method: UK Delivery
Contact information
First name: Ben
Last name: Tate
CODE Product Amount Unit price Discount Subtotal
99120101071 Space Marine Land Speeder 1 £18.50 £3.70 £14.80
99120101037 Space Marine Terminator Close Combat Squad 1 £28.00 £5.60 £22.40
CP3001 The Army Painter: Matt Black Colour Primer Spray (400ml) 1 £7.99 £1.20 £6.79
Subtotal: £43.99
Including discount: £10.50
Shipping cost: £3.99
Total cost: £47.98

£50 spent 4 weeks ago and nothing, this is the only contact with the company I've had since this order was placed. It's not like it's anything rare or hard to obtain. I also find it frustrating that I can receive notice via email that they have a discount on at weekends when I'm still waiting for an order to be completed 4 weeks later.

I shouldn't need to chase them, I shouldn't need to remind them, they should be telling me if there are delays or problems with my order. I'd like to support a local independent wargame shop I really would, but from now on Wayland will be getting my money...

RE: 40% off Space Marine Stormtalons at Total Wargamer - jimbobabob - 24-10-2012

try messaging them through their account on here ( used to post in this very thread ) if you are not getting any reply to your emails, I'd suggest ringing them put they seem to leave it to go to the answer phone given what was said when I visited the shop to see about my order.

If it goes on then you could try contacting paypal or your card provider about payment recovery options.