Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Bloodbowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Match report- Bad Bay Packers v Ork knee eye Sanders

the game kicked off on a beautiful day, a crowd of 17000 looking forward to some carnage.
and the crowd was not to be disappointed, as early on, one player from each side was stretchered off unconscious. The Packers fielded a guest player in the form of Zara the slayer, and she was soon in the thick of the action, using the sharp needle shes famous for, and started a feud with the sanders 2 Black Orcs.
As for the ball, the Packers started in possession, first trying one flank, then passing it to the other, looking for a breakthrough. The orcs dug in, and most players found themselves in a melee. Forming a defensive wedge round the ball carrier, the Human team advanced very slowly, until the Orcs suffered a turnover, this giving the humans the chance they needed, running through the Orc lines and scoring.
The Sun now really started to beat down, shining right into the eyes of the players, making throwing more difficult. The Packers kicked off and eventually an Orc collected the ball. In the centre of the pitch, the Black Orcs and the troll, lashed out and pushed the Humans back.
With time running out, the orcs really needed to throw the ball, as one blitzer had broken free of the scrum. The crowd held its breath as the Orc thrower launched the ball forward. amazingly the Blitzer grabbed the ball and stumbled over into the endzone. With the whistle going for half time the game was tied at 1-1, as was about as equal a game as you can get.
Sun was now a little lower, so now not in the players eyes. The Packers kicked off, and the usual scrum in the centre of the pitch ensued. with time running out, the game was as tight as ever, just one mistake would win the game. Eventually that mistake came as an orc failed a block, and with the very last move of the game the Packers crossed the ball into the endzone to win 2-1.
In the early stages of this prelim season, the Packers find themselves 2nd , after playing 1 game, and the Sanders 3rd after playing 3 games!
A new season, a new year, same old wrath of the Dice Gods!

After getting sacked from the Orc Knee Eye Sanders, for not winning any games, I have returned to my first love, my Human team, The Karsse City Saints.
My first game this season was against Sebs Skaven, a race renowned for their speed.
A lovely sunny day greeted the teams, and my team kicked off, then getting a blitz on the kick off table, I rushed them forward, grabbing the ball in the middle of the skaven half.
Predictably the Skaven mobbed me and grabbed the ball, scooting forward.
My Ogre decided the contents of his ears were more important than the game, so my Blitzers and lineman prepared to grab the ball back, only for my turn to end early due to a failed roll. This was the first of many early overturns.
The Skaven took full advantage of my inability to do anything and marched in for the opening score.
At this stage I had 2 players KOd , Seb 1. He got his back onto the pitch, whilst one of mine refused to wake up.
Seb kicked off, and I moved a catcher to pick up the ball, and promptly dialed, even after a reroll!
Another turnover, and Seb strode forward, looking to double his lead. Players were getting smashed all over the park, but both of us were having trouble breaking the armour.
I managed to catch up with the Skaven ball carrier, got a block in and then knocked over both his and my players. Another turnover.
Seb ran straight into the end zone 2-0
Game was turning into a disaster, as I was failing to deal with Sebs players at all .
Seb kicked off again, and again I failed to pick up the ball. Had the Skaven put rat slime on it?
The Skaven rushed me again, grabbing the ball in the process.
Time in the first half was now running out, and then a miracle happened.
I got a block in on the ball carrier and the ball spun free.
Then I stood my catcher up, and he made a dodge, (5+), then another, (4+), then ran for the end zone, going for it twice. My thrower moved forward, dodging ,(4+) , grabbed the ball, (3+), launched it forward, (5+), right into the end zone, my catcher snatching it out of the air, (3+), to score the luckiest touchdown in history. 2-1, game on!
Second half , everything to play for, Seb kicked off, I picked up the ball and went for an easy throw, to get some easy star player points, and failed, again, turnover!
Straight away Seb raced down the pitch, scoring his third touchdown.
The game descended into Seb holding onto the ball, then me failing to pick it up continually. The same fizzled out, the Skaven running out very worthy winners.

I had 2 injured players, one getting just a minor scrape, but one of my catchers suffering a smashed hip, and a permanent -1 to his movement.
One of my throwers got a level up, threw a double and I chose the strong arm skill.

Was a really entertaining game, first time I'd met Seb, and had a blast .
He is a good player, and a very nice opponent. And now he is 2 for 2, and has a strength 4 player!

Bring on the next fame.
So my second league game , and this time we welcomed another human team, Stu's Ruddy Redsocs.
The fans anticipation got the better of them, and a pitch invasion ensued just after kick off. By the time order had been restored, and the pitch cleared, 3 players from each side were on the floor.
Stu then safely gathered the ball with his lone thrower, moving to his left wing.
In the centre the two Ogres faced off, both trading blows before they clattered to the ground. This resulted in my Ogre getting stretchered off in the first turn!
I then surged forward and managed to exploit a couple of holes in Stu's flanks.
the Redsocs thrower was now blocked out, and managed to loose the ball to my thrower. My catcher, seeing the ball in friendly hands, sprinted off down the pitch. My thrower launched the ball for a long bomb, which was promptly intercepted by Stu's thrower standing right next to him. Then to compound his mistake he was then charged into the crowd and beaten up!
Stu saw his opportunity and threw the ball downfield to a blitzer. At this point all my players were either tied up by opposition players, too far away, or on the deck, it looked a certain touchdown.
Then 2 things happened that changed the game.
The blitzer , hearing the rising excitement of the crowd, thought it was directed at him personally, and slowed down to wave at the crowd.( Stu decided not to go for it). Then in the centre of the pitch, one of my linemen was tackled, but only pushed back, and with no follow up, found himself free. He raced down the pitch , slamming into the blitzed, knocking him down on his ass.
This brought the very tight first half to a close at 0-0, and I think Stu had edged it.

Second half kicked off with a riot, but fortunately this was brought under control very quickly, and no turns were lost.
Stu was now down to only 8 players on the pitch, and I really needed to make my extra players count, if I was going to have any control of the game.
I grabbed the ball, and surrounded my thrower with players, making a loose cage formation .
In the centre I started picking off the odd player, for the first time in the game I wasn't outnumbered in the centre.
My players moved first to the left, then to the right, looking for a gap to exploit.
A blitzed broke free in the centre and raced for the end zone. My thrower moved forward and pulled his arm back and threw an accurate long pass, which my blitzed dropped in the end zone.
Stu couldn't pull any of his players back, so my disgusted thrower slid on top of the ball to score.
1-0
Stu's fans shouted their encouragement to their team, and he received an extra reroll.
Time was now running out , and the ball was caught up in the centre of the pitch, fist, knees, feet and even teeth were flying in all directions, before it finally broke free to my thrower, who quickly spotted the catcher making a run, threw a short pass which was easily caught, the catcher sprinting into the endzone making it 2-0.
Just time to kick off before the final whistle blew.

A very tight even game, and I think I only came out on top due to Stu's depleted numbers making it easier for me to gang up on him.

My Ogres injury was a mere trifle, as was one of Stu's injuries. His blitzer now has -1 Ag.
The only player to get a level up was my catcher, and got a new skill, so choose Block.
With my winnings I have recruited a new Blitzer, Zigzag.. Oh and my Dan factor went up by 1 to errr 1 .