Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: My new deck - Rampant Confusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having taken some of the new cards, that I have acquired recently, I saw a degree of synergy, and along with some individual purchases made yesterday, I have created a deck. I have names it Rampant Confusion.

It is a Blue / Green milling deck, with the principal card being Increasing Confusion, which for the cost of X+U, mills the target for X cards. With a flashback of the same cost, when cast from the graveyard it mills a target for 2X cards. I added the mana ramping of Green, hoping to get me to the big casts on Increasing Confusion.

The deck consists of :

Creatures
  • 4 x Birds of Paradise - G - 0/1 -Tap for one mana of any colour.
  • 4 x Llanowar Elves - G - 1/1 - Tap for one G
  • 3 x Dawntreader Elk - 1G - 2/2 - G sacrifice Dawntreader Elk to search you deck for a basic land, and put it into play tapped
  • 3 x Selhoff Occultist - 2U - 2/3 Whenever Selhoff Occultist or another creature dies, target player mills for 1.

Enchantments
  • 4 x Curse of the Bloody Tome - 2U - Enchant player, at the beginning of enchanted players upkeep, that player mills for 2.

Sorceries
  • 3 x Rampant Growth - 1G - Search library for a basic land and put it into play tapped
  • 4 x Increasing Confusion - XU - Target player mills for X. Flashback XU, target player mills for 2X.

Instants
  • 1 x Thought Scour - U - Target player mills for 2, draw a card.
  • 4 x Mana Leak - 1U - Counter target spell unless its controller pays 3.
  • 3 x Think Twice - 1U - Draw a card, Flash back 2U, draw a card.
  • 2 x Clinging Mists - 2G - Prevent all combat damage this turn. If you have 5 life or less, tap all attacking creatures, and they do not untap in their controllers next untap step.
  • 3 x Forbidden Alchemy - 2U - Look at the top 4 cards of your library, put one in your hand and the rest in your graveyard. Flashback 6B, look at the top 4 cards of your library, put one in your hand and the rest in your graveyard.

Lands
  • 4 x Hinterland Harbour - Comes into play tapped unless you control a Forest or an Island. Tap for G or U.
  • 1 x Woodland Cemetery - Comes into play tapped unless you control a Forest or a Swamp. Tap for G or B.
  • 10 x Forest
  • 7 x Island

Just wondering what our Magic players think of this?