Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Wills going to battlefield birmingham (definitely)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since everyones posting their Battlefield birmingham lists (all in seperate threads) I thought I'd put mine up. Ive also not had a huge amount of games this edition so any advice would be gratefully received.

I've decided to take drukhari and go with something close to what my 40K escalation army aims to be. So it'll be wych cults for days Smile

I'm spliting my list into two detachments for the command points and also so I can get lilith herspex onto the field. My primary detchment is cult of red grief for the advancing, re-rolling charges and a bad ass warlord!, the other is strife so i cam get lilith and also lots of attacks on my wyches.

I'll also have 14 units on drugs so get to go through the combat drug table three times. Big Grin

The list

Quote:+++ Battlefield birmingham The arena force (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [102 PL, 1998pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Beast Unit
. . Clawed Fiends: Clawed Fiend

Beast Unit
. . Clawed Fiends: Clawed Fiend

Detachment Attribute: Cult of the Red Grief

Gametype: Matched

Prizes from the Dark City (2 Relics)

Use Beta Rules

+ HQ +

Succubus: Archite Glaive, Blast Pistol, The Blood Glaive, Warlord (Succubus)

Succubus: Agoniser, Archite Glaive, The Triptych Whip

+ Troops +

Wyches
. . Hekatrix: Agoniser, Blast Pistol
. . 7x Wych
. . Wych with Wych Weapon: Shardnet and impaler

Wyches
. . 7x Wych

Wyches
. . 6x Wych
. . Wych with Wych Weapon: Hydra gauntlets
. . Wych with Wych Weapon: Razorflails

+ Elites +

Beastmaster: Beastmaster's scourge

Beastmaster: Beastmaster's scourge

+ Fast Attack +

Hellions
. . Helliarch: Stunclaw and Splinter Pistol
. . 8x Hellion

Reavers
. . Arena Champion
. . 3x Reaver
. . Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models): Blaster

Reavers
. . Arena Champion
. . 3x Reaver

+ Flyer +

Razorwing Jetfighter: Splinter Cannon
. . 2 Dark Lances: 2x Dark Lance

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider: Dark Lance

Venom: Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute: Cult of Strife

+ HQ +

Lelith Hesperax: Penetrating blade

Succubus: Agoniser, Archite Glaive, The Phial Boquet

+ Troops +

Wyches
. . 6x Wych

Wyches
. . 8x Wych

Wyches
. . 3x Wych

Created with BattleScribe
I don't know loads about Drukhari, but it seems good.

Wyches are pretty nasty in combat as evidenced by my game with Russell the other week, they tore through my Assassins pretty easily Sad

Think you might struggle with Knight Heavy Lists, the Heavy Support guys with the Haywire (Scourges?) are pretty brutal against them because of the mortal wounds.
Looks like a tough list, if you fancy a practise game at any point shout, happy to bring some utter filth to the table for you
No Ravagers no Black Heart does not Drukhari :-p

On a serious note I'll have a proper look - that's a nasty list - it might struggle with Knights as Luke said, but I wouldn't want to face that with most lists I've run in the past
Cheers for the feedback all. Smile

(30-08-2018, 07:22 PM)Russell Wrote: [ -> ]No Ravagers no Black Heart does not Drukhari :-p

On a serious note I'll have a proper look - that's a nasty list - it might struggle with Knights as Luke said, but I wouldn't want to face that with most lists I've run in the past

Haha I'm going vectless!

Yeah I'm hoping 7 dark lances, 4 blasters, 6 blast pistols, and the haywire grenade strat is enough AT to at least kill a couple of knights and make the game winnable if im facing three of them. If not my succubus is just going to hit the knights to death with her big stick. Other than that sounds like I'll be okay.

Now i just need to get some practice games in!
Looking good Will, looks like your entire army will be high as a kite in your games....

We could do practice games at the Rubery/Longbridge club Sunday 9th?
will Wrote:Cheers for the feedback all. Smile

Russell Wrote:No Ravagers no Black Heart does not Drukhari :-p

Haha I'm going vectless!

Yeah I'm hoping 7 dark lances, 4 blasters, 6 blast pistols, and the haywire grenade strat is enough AT to at least kill a couple of knights and make the game winnable if im facing three of them. If not my succubus is just going to hit the knights to death with her big stick. Other than that sounds like I'll be okay.

Now i just need to get some practice games in!

If you can get a game with Luke that might help with that - his list is hard as nails
(01-09-2018, 10:39 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good Will, looks like your entire army will be high as a kite in your games....

We could do practice games at the Rubery/Longbridge club Sunday 9th?

Its my nephew's christening that day so Im not sure I can do that. What time is the club?
(01-09-2018, 11:18 AM)Russell Wrote: [ -> ]If you can get a game with Luke that might help with that - his list is hard as nails

Great. Playing Luke on Tuesday . . .

(01-09-2018, 06:31 PM)will Wrote: [ -> ]Its my nephew's christening that day so Im not sure I can do that. What time is the club?

It's 3-7?