Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Luke's list for Battlefield Birmingham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
++ Super-Heavy Detachment +6CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [68 PL, 1307pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Household Choice: House Hawkshroud, Questor Imperialis

+ Lord of War +

Knight Errant [22 PL, 395pts]: Heavy stubber, Reaper chainsword, Thermal cannon

Knight Warden [23 PL, 456pts]: Character, Heavy stubber, Reaper chainsword, Stormspear rocket pod
. Avenger Gatling Cannon w/ Heavy Flamer: Avenger gatling cannon, Heavy flamer

Knight Warden [23 PL, 456pts]: Heavy stubber, Reaper chainsword, Stormspear rocket pod

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [30 PL, 458pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regimental Doctrine: Cadian

+ HQ +

Company Commander [2 PL, 35pts]: Chainsword, Grand Strategist, Kurov's Aquila, Plasma pistol, Warlord

Company Commander [2 PL, 39pts]: Boltgun, Power fist

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 45pts]
. 7x Guardsman
. Heavy Weapon Team: Mortar
. Sergeant: Chainsword, Laspistol

. 7x Guardsman

. 7x Guardsman

+ Heavy Support +

Basilisks [14 PL, 216pts]
. Basilisk: Heavy Bolter
. Basilisk: Heavy Bolter

Heavy Weapons Squad [3 PL, 33pts]

++ Vanguard Detachment (Imperium - Officio Assassinorum) [14 PL, 235pts] ++

+ Elites +

Callidus Assassin [5 PL, 80pts]

Culexus Assassin [5 PL, 85pts]

Eversor Assassin [4 PL, 70pts]

++ Total: [112 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Start with 14 CPs, using 3 of them before the game on the Exalted Court Stratagem start to give the two Wardens the Warlord Trait that gives them a 4+ invulnerable save. Hawkshroud for survivability, as I'd rather the opponent shoot the Knight than the guard.

The Astra Militarum detachment is all indirect fire, so they can all deploy behind cover on objectives, mortars focusing on infantry and the Basilisks on vehicles/Knights.

The assassins all arrive from deepstrike, either to sit on and claim empty objectives, or into the opponents deployment zone to clear away chaff objective holders.

------

After testing this last night against Andy's Knights, I'm pretty happy with this list. The Basilisks underperformed, but that was more down to the dice rolling and the lack of decent cover to hide them behind. The Guardsmen and Mortars chipped away at the Helverin while holding objectives. The Knights were awesome, and although they were all dead by the end they did their job. The assassins didn't have any units they could easily fight, so I dropped the Culexus and Callidus on empty objectives, while the Eversor went after a Helverin and ended up killing after a couple of rounds of combat.

I spent the extra 9 points I had left over giving my secondary commander a Power fist and Boltgun. This way he can act as a cheap deepstrike counter, while he won't kill anything big and scary, he could damage and hold up weaker units.
++ Super-Heavy Detachment +6CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [68 PL, 1307pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ Lord of War +

Knight Warden [23 PL, 456pts]: Heavy stubber, Reaper chainsword, Stormspear rocket pod

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [13 PL, 200pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

Company Commander [2 PL, 35pts]: Chainsword, Grand Strategist, Kurov's Aquila, Plasma pistol, Warlord

Company Commander [2 PL, 30pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol

+ Troops +

. 7x Guardsman

. 7x Guardsman

. 7x Guardsman

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [27 PL, 492pts] ++

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 164pts]: Eagle's Eye, Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 164pts]: Auric Aquilis, Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 164pts]: Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia

++ Total: [108 PL, 1999pts] ++

-----------------------------
New list, haven't been particularly happy with the Basilisks so far so dropped them and the Assassins for a trio of Bike Captains.

Start with 15CP spending 3CP on Open the Vaults to get the two relics to increase the Invulnerable saves, and another 2CP to give one Warden the 4+ Invulnerable Save Trait and the relic Gatling Cannon.

Leaves me with 11CPs to start the game - not sure if VotBG is worth an extra two or not?

The plan is to use the Bikes mobility and general tankiness to use them to claim objectives and pick on units they can manage while the Knights distract the opponent.
(29-08-2018, 10:37 AM)LukeR Wrote: [ -> ]Company Commander [2 PL, 35pts]: Chainsword, Grand Strategist, Kurov's Aquila, Plasma pistol, Warlord

Company Commander [2 PL, 30pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [27 PL, 492pts] ++

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 164pts]: Eagle's Eye, Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 164pts]: Auric Aquilis, Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 164pts]: Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia

-----------------------------
New list, haven't been particularly happy with the Basilisks so far so dropped them and the Assassins for a trio of Bike Captains.

Start with 15CP spending 3CP on Open the Vaults to get the two relics to increase the Invulnerable saves, and another 2CP to give one Warden the 4+ Invulnerable Save Trait and the relic Gatling Cannon.

Leaves me with 11CPs to start the game - not sure if VotBG is worth an extra two or not?

The plan is to use the Bikes mobility and general tankiness to use them to claim objectives and pick on units they can manage while the Knights distract the opponent.

Hey Luke, looking good to me. Same as me, you've got a lack of Psychic defence. I'd suggest putting VotBG on that 3rd captain, gives him a re-roll save a turn. Make sure you deploy him after the IG warlord so you can attempt to get those CP back though. I'd suggest putting Kurovs Aquila on the second company commander though to split your risk.
Three knights, the 32 and custard captains. Oucy! Although I dont think you're going to get the fluffiest army award there luke    Big Grin
(30-08-2018, 01:52 PM)will Wrote: [ -> ]Three knights, the 32 and custard captains. Oucy! Although I dont think you're going to get the fluffiest army award there luke    Big Grin

Probably not. The alternate list is a pretty standard list replacing the Bike Captains with a Blood Angels Battalion, Smash Captains, so probably even worse  Big Grin

Thanks JJ, I'll bear that in mind when deploying. I suppose I can make the decision when seeing the opponents list whether it's worth it taking or not. Will definitely move Relic to the other Commander so I don't lose all my CP regen too easily.
This is utter filth, I love it!
++ Super-Heavy Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [68 PL, 1307pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ Lord of War +

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [13 PL, 213pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

Company Commander [2 PL, 30pts]: Chainsword, Grand Strategist, Kurov's Aquila, Laspistol, Warlord

Primaris Psyker [2 PL, 46pts]: Force Stave, Nightshroud, Psychic Barrier

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 46pts]
. 7x Guardsman
. Sergeant: Boltgun

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 46pts]
. 7x Guardsman
. Sergeant: Boltgun

. 7x Guardsman

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [27 PL, 480pts] ++

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 160pts]: Eagle's Eye, Hurricane Bolter

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 160pts]: Auric Aquilis, Hurricane Bolter

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 160pts]: Hurricane Bolter

++ Total: [108 PL, 2000pts] ++

-----------------------------------------------
Final list. Dropped a Company Commander for a Primaris Pysker, with the buff powers to make the chaff infantry harder to kill, and he can throw Smite around if the opportunity arises. Also spent a couple of leftover points giving Boltguns to the Sergeants to increase the damage output - they don't really want to be in combat anyway.
Looks good Luke, going to be a tough list to face!