Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Conquest of Sladus 4. 40k Escalation campaign (Full)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
After some thought and some interest from some players who have existing armies. My tale of x gamers campaign is being changed to an escalation map based campaign.

Each "round" should be every 4 weeks. Should give enough time for anyone being attacked on multiple fronts to defend.

The armies should all be built around the patrol detachment list. leaving all players with 3 command points.

To keep people with new armies at the same as people with existing armies and to encourage a balanced army build. The lists are going to be locked. That is to say, once you add a unit to your army. It cannot be changed or removed. But you can add models to the unit if the squad size allows. (ie. Your starter list includes a combat squad of 5 tactical marines. The next round you can increase the unit up to 10)

So what are your thoughts? And would you like it to be points based, or Power level?
im ok with that.

happy with either power or points
Yes I'm fine with that.

Points may be easier, but I don't really mind. When are we looking at starting then? - as I need to pick up a Start Collecting Box and Codex.
I find points to be more balanced, bit I'm easy if it's suits newer players to do power

1 clarification, if a model kit can represent more than 1 unit (See Kabalite Warriors and Kabalite Trueborn) could i swap between? I realise as i type this its a stupid question (In more understandable terms I'm asking if I buy a Tactical Squad Week 1 then want to run the same models as Sternguard Week 2)
Thoughts on progressing from Patrol to this?
Sounds good, I'm down for either points or power level. PL may make it easier for new players (and I have a sneaking suspicion we will all be using PL one day).

I like starting with a patrol detachment and moving to combat patrol. I really like the combat patrol format, have always liked that and it stops people bringing sillyness early on.
Quite happy to start with a combat patrol - but how does it work further into the campaign when we have more points/PL to spend?

Because with those restrictions you basically can't take tanks which as Imperial Guard feels a bit disappointing!
I suspect it need to go something like this
M1: Combat Patrol 500pts (25PL)
M2: Patrol 750 (38PL)
M3: Battalion? Or 2x Vanguard/Spearhead/Outrider? Players choice 1000pts (50PL)
M4: Whatever 1250 (63PL)
M5: 1500 (75PL)
M6: 2000 (100PL) - if this last jump is too high maybe another month at (88PL)
(13-01-2018, 08:21 PM)LukeR Wrote: [ -> ]Quite happy to start with a combat patrol - but how does it work further into the campaign when we have more points/PL to spend?

Because with those restrictions you basically can't take tanks which as Imperial Guard feels a bit disappointing!

Agreed! See my previous post - hopefully having week 1 as combat patrol will stop players not using a start collecting from just bringing a Landraider :-)
Happy to start from combat patrol. Good way to learn my army
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21